Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Which Service Organization?

Rate this question

ZenofNow

Question

I just got back in touch with an old Navy buddy who is still having trouble with a shoulder injury he sustained while in service back in 1984. He had no idea that he might have VA benefits available.

The DAV did a good job helping me, has anyone had success with VFW or other organizations?

Is there one in particular that is considered the best? :rolleyes:

VeteransDepot.com, offers over 200,000 deeply discounted name brand products including sporting goods, electronics, gourmet coffee & tea, appliances, furniture, and office supplies at discounted prices. From a Veteran, for Veterans.

www.VeteransDepot.org

"Discount Outlet Mall benefiting Service Disabled Veterans"

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The only person who has a vested interest in a claim is the veteran filing the claim (or a family member of the vet, even a good friend like yourself). I found more assistance on this website than any SO I have ever dealt with. Perhaps filing the proper paper work would be helpful, I quess the SO or the veterans organization would be helpful in that area but then the Vet should take control of his/her claim. Abe

Is there one in particular that is considered the best? :)

It is my opinion that you 'hire' the individual, not the organization. All of the organizations are there to help the vet, but some of the SO's are better at it than others.

My suggestion is to interview 2 or 3 of them and see if you (or your friend) can 'connect' with one of them, or get a sense as to whether they are on the ball and know what they are doing, or if they are new at it. You will know by the time you make the 3rd call which one you want to work with.

Sure, you can do it on your own or you can have someone oversee the process, and help you make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. They are only forwarding the information you provide to them, with a cover letter.

I only wish I had used the same person 7 years ago when I put in my initial claim.

--Jim

Life is good! B)

Whichever VSO that you choose, make sure that HADIT is the main ingredient, this site has the best recipe around for success. :)

Jmack

I absolutely agree! Pardon me for leaving that part out.

--Jim

Life is good! B)

not trying to steal this thread but anyone know of a good rep in the Tampa Bay area willing to travel if they are good.

Thanks

Ruby