Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Living The Claim

Rate this question

spike

Question

Listen,

I am giving a piece of advice here. I understand many veterans find something that is 'wrong' with them, but if you are 100% P&T I would advise against living the claim. Let it be. Let yourself work on your health. One of my friends have said a good metaphor about this....."It's like poking a bear with a stick"-Hadit member (formerly) Jay Johnson. Your asking for the VA to re-investigate your claims. If you are 100 % PT, don't start making all kinds of different claims right away. Think about it this way and I hate to say it this way. What if the person at the VA Claims office, just got in a fight with his wife, slept in the car, back is hurting, and your the first claim he or she gets. Think that they might not 'dig' into your C-file to see if every I is dotted and T is crossed?. I have heard of some vets, losing their ratings because they started a new claim and something in the time that they had the new C&P exam (something they said or did) in the exam triggered the Rating Officer to change their rating for one of their previous ratings. Maybe because the new doctors opinion was different. Take this with a grain of salt. If you don't believe it happens, I am sorry but it does.

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Again and again - the lower number of veterans residing in state, the better the service. States that have large military presence, have a large veteran pool, and very busy VARO's and VAMC's. Ours are busy, but I can still get in to see my PMC in the same week normally.

Have to differ here with you, I live in NYC and receive excellent care at the Brooklyn VA and the local clinic here on Staten Island. MY PC is outstanding, our head nurse is the best, our vampire who collects our blood knows what she is doing. My skin docs are great, my shrink is just outstanding. Every one who I know receives excellent care. Yeah things can go wrong, but then again this is a medical facility, nothing is perfect. The main thing is that the local doctors and nurse staff care about each and everyone of us. Even the 3 gals at the front desk are so helpful.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you think you are entitled to the retro go for it. All they will say is "NO" if the VA does not agree. They won't drag you in for another C&P exam on a retro issue.

• HadIt.com Elder

I like my Gatekeeper Doc at the VA and they have great equipment manned by rookies who have their heads up their buttocks.

You mistaken what I am saying and I apologize for not being clear. If you are P&T and are getting pulled in for a C&P put the screws to the VARO with your representation. IF you have very knowledgable POA then you should have no problem and be removed from having a C&P. Trust me, the VARO tried to do that with me. I put the screws to them and they cleared it out and backed it off. What I think is a growing problem (may not be for those who are educated here with Hadit) but the general body is that most people go in not knowing that the VARO is looking for anything they can do to deny a claim. I myself am in no way shape or form scared of the VARO or its Hospital staff. I put the screws to them every chance I can, in defending veterans. What I am saying is the more chances you give the VARO to critique your claim the more crud you have to deal with. What I have come into contact is with people who want to claim basically a lot of stuff, that after reviewing all information, I often wonder if they will win their claim at all. But I show each Veteran I assist the CFR 38, let them know what they (VARO) is looking for, for what %'ages, and ask them where do they feel medically where they stand and where the doctor stands. IF I have a vet come in and ask me because their knees hurt, I usually ask them to help get the proper documentation with the doctors before claiming. Living the claim for 100% P&T, what I mean by this is nit picking every single little ache and pain for a claim. It's just not feasiable.