Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Review Officer

Rate this question

Tower_Rat

Question

Well, I turned in the files to the review officer. I'm hoping they go over it all rather quickly, its not that great in length and it would be nice to have an answer soon. Anyone know about how long on the average it takes a review officer to eyeball your claim and then make a decision or a statement of case?

Thanks in advance

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is outrageous Allan-at least at the BVA they can read-

I saw a BVA decision one day and went ballistic- the veteran had FOUR independent medical opinions that the RO had continuously ignored-

of course the BVA granted the claim but it had to go back to the RO for a proper rating.

My main claim has been with a DRO since October- it went to a different DRO then back to the same DRO-

the VA goves me continuous dates of movement but not decision yet-

I recently ordered my FOURTH IMO .

They have never rebutted my 2 IMOs from Dr. Bash yet-or the freeby from a former VA doctor-

I sure was going to hold off on this additional expense for the 4th IMO -from MedOps

but I figured 3 weeks ago-might as well get it anyhow-

and surround the EN with the ammo (evidence)

and this way I have something to pull it back from the BVA if they say I sent them NO evidence and they pull that 'transfer to BVA' crap again.

I wonder how long it will Take Secretary Peake to get up to speed and see just what he got into.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

I heard a combat Iraq vet make a call in to C-Span early in the morning.

He said it took "six" months to get his first medical appointment with the VA. He said it took another six months to get a follow up appointment. He was asking a lady in regards to military health care, "WHEN" will the VA actually hire more staff? He got the usual" we're doing a wonderful job according to the latest, and we are diligent in.....crap. Several more callers complained of long waits.

We will be lucky to see 10% of the funding go to actually helping veterans.

>This is outrageous Allan-at least at the BVA they can read-

I knew anyone with a brain cell at the BVA could see the defiant acts of raters to follow law. However, if the BVA wanted to resolve the issue, all they had to do was "grant" the benefit based on obvious evidence, than remand it to be rated.

Sending it back to the same contractors, to weigh the same evidence(3 IMO's) they have no intention of recognizing, is hardly encouraging.

According to the AMC, they just received my claim from the BVA, OCT 6th,07. My claim has not been viewed by anyone and has been in ready to wait status since June 22, 06.

If they re-log my claim as just being received, say every six months, they can ignore the remand indefinitely.

A couple weeks ago, I get a call from the AMC that my claim has been decided and rated. Someone named Cathy said I would get a call from someone in a few days that will explain the outcome.

Theres been no contact since. I don't know what to make of it.

>I sent them NO evidence and they pull that 'transfer to BVA' crap again. They will do anything to delay.

>I wonder how long it will Take Secretary Peake to get up to speed and see just what he got into.

I hope not as long as it took Nicholson...........

Lord help us all.

Allan

This is outrageous Allan-at least at the BA they can read-

I saw a BA decision one day and went ballistic- the veteran had FOUR independent medical opinions that the RO had continuously ignored-

of course the BVA granted the claim but it had to go back to the RO for a proper rating.

My main claim has been with a DRO since October- it went to a different DRO then back to the same DRO-

the VA goves me continuous dates of movement but not decision yet-

I recently ordered my FOURTH IMO .

They have never rebutted my 2 IMOs from Dr. Bash yet-or the freeby from a former VA doctor-

I sure was going to hold off on this additional expense for the 4th IMO -from MedOps

but I figured 3 weeks ago-might as well get it anyhow-

and surround the EN with the ammo (evidence)

and this way I have something to pull it back from the BVA if they say I sent them NO evidence and they pull that 'transfer to BVA' crap again.

I wonder how long it will Take Secretary Peake to get up to speed and see just what he got into.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

I think you may be right on this. If they did not address HB in your original 100% then the CUE may fly. Probably end up at the BVA but what else are you doing for the next ten years? The only thing is to phrase your BVA appeal to fit CUE criteria. This is where I would pay for expert help.