VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Curious If Anyone Knows What The Thinking Is Regarding Claim

Rate this question

ruby

Question

In Nov of 06 applied for increase.

CE done late Jan 06

Filed for secondary early Feb 07

Submitted all evidence in support of claim Mid April 07

Notified in July 07 of increase in award for primary increase

Recieved back pay retro from July of 05 (first seen by doc after 25 yrs)

Secondary was remanded for further medical exam.

Recieved CE Nov 28, 07.

CE at Regional Office Dec 18, 2007.

Does anyone know what the VA is doing such as agreeing that secondary is service connected? related to arthritis in all other joints

How long it will take on the raters desk based on the above.

What is the likely hood I will get an increase?

Would they retro from the 05 date or the date I filed for secondary claim.

I understand that your treating VA physician, stating that he feels you are P&TD isn't sufficient to the VA, is this in fact true.

I know its a waiting game but I have limited funds and I am getting scared that I will be forced to sell my house if I have to wait.

Any comments good or bad is welcome, I would rather know its really a game they play then false hope.

On my last comp exam for the secondary conditions they used 2 yr old xrays, if my rating is denied or less than what I think the minimum should be, would I dispute this based on them using 2 yr old xrays.

Thanks for any insight.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you all for your opinions.

I am probably the VA's best friend due to the fact that I am not prone to go to the doctors for anything. I know I have arthritis and going to the doctor isn't going to change that, for years I have been able to take 2400 mg of motrin a day to keep the pain at a level I could work at, now that has stopped working and the other 4 meds they have tried me on don't work either.

I am taking the max dose of sulfasalazine, methtrotrexate, leflunomide, etoladac-I occasionally throw in motrin which is a no no, but I have to take something for the pain.

I guess the depression started about 3 yrs ago when things started going down hill quick.

I don't have a private physician, didn't go to docs just grinned and beared it, said thats life get use to it.

I have an appointment on Dec 26th with the rheumatologist to get my hands injected so I can use them. I will ask him to write a note that my arthritis is interlinked. He already wrote in my records he feels I am permantely disabled but I guess that isn't worded properly.

For SSDI I was going to ask him to fill out a RFC form to save time at SSA

Does anyone know how it should be worded?

Is this good enough: It is my opinion that the patients arthritis in all joints are interelated. Due to the patients decline in her health status it is of my opinion her depression is related to this condition.

I guess when they offered me the psych consult and pain management consult I should have taken it.