Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opinions On Ltr To Support Claim

Rate this question

ruby

Question

Trying to make this usable for both SSA and VA any opinions would be nice, do you think it covers both service connect (active 75-78) and depression due to condition.

I am writing this letter on behalf of my patient xxxxx. I first saw xxxx in 1983-1986, then from 2005 to present.

Ms xxxx symptoms have been steadily increasing in magnitude since 1977 when it was noted she had reactive arthritis in her sacroiliac joints, xxxx has progressively worsen over the past 2 years. It is my opinion the arthritis in all joints Ms xxxx suffers from is related. I would consider her to be permanently and totally disabled due to her arthritis as dictated in my notes.

Due to the magnitude, scope and complexity of this patient’s condition it is unreasonable at this time to expect that she will be able to work at any time in the near or distant future. At best, medication can only decrease the rate of progression in this chronic arthritic disease. In my opinion, this patient would be a liability to any employer, and would be unable to sustain gainful employment of any sort, due to her physical, mental emotional and psychological limitations.

I have included a residual functional capacity form to help further assist you in your evaluation of her claim

Sincerley,

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for the example letter, I am probably going to get a IMO also. As it stands now they have denied my arthritis in all other joints as not service connected.

Can they refuse to do a CE on a certain of your body? They never did my SI joints and they used X-rays from 18 months ago.