Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Claim Proof - Hadit.com Members

Rate this question

e.greeley

Question

Hello All,

I am confused about my claim for TDIU. Does my claim meet the criteria for TDIU? (service connected disabilities listed below)

Does the 70% major depressive disorder, my VA treatment records and about 2 years of work out of 10 years prove my inability to secure a gainful occupation? Can I use this same evidence to get social security? I have read so much about both subjects but my anxiety just goes up and I lose focus.

Does anyone have advice?

Can I reach my service officer by email? would this be considered too intrusive? :unsure: I hate the phone ringing (jump out of my skin) and driving down there seems very difficult if not insurmountable. I am taking my Prozac, (prescribed by the VAMC) but I am not doing well.

Thanks for your help.

Service Connected Disabilities

70% Major Depressive Disorder, 60% Psoriasis, 20% Abnormal/Arthritic Talonavicular Joint (left foot)

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

To apply for clothing allowance call your local VA healthcare facility, ask for the prosthetics extension..they will tell you who to submit the forms to.

It should be someone within that dept. and they process the forms once a year.

I had to do this for the last two years..I think from here in out I don't need to any more but if I do the time of year is around August..for my VA facility(Temple TX) anyways.

They need a copy of your rating and evidence of prescribed prosthetic..in my case a back brace.

BM - it should qualify. anything needed by you in the orthotics arena or as Berta stated, creams or lotions for a skin disability normally applies. You have to write up an claim just as you would for a disability claim, Then submit it to your supporting VAMC's orthopedic department. Call them and they will tell you the name of the rep that handles claims for the clothing allowance. I forget at this moment what part of CFR 38 discusses the clothing allowance but just do a quick scan of CFR 38 and you will find it. Good luck

I found these two sites that discuss the clothing allowance:

38 CFR 3.810 Clothing Allowance &

38 USC 1162 Clothing Allowance

It looks like a vet would receive an initial payment upon approval, then annually on August 1st. It's unclear to me as the whether it needs to be applied for each year.The clothing allowance is $641/yr according to 38 USC 1162, which is current on eCFR as of Jan 2, 2006.

I don't know much about the VA system, but can get around the internet with relative ease.

--Jim

Life is good! :unsure:

Berta asked "have you formally applied for TDIU yourself?"

I have printed out the form from the internet. my last decision rating letter says after my increased percentages

"6. Entitlement to individual unemployability.

The issue of whether or not the veteran is entitled to Individual Unemployability is deferred for the following: claim development."

Your profile says you are 100%-

That is my mistake, I added a signature without changing the profile.

I receive 90% with the VA math. I will change the profile.. B)

There are also two other issues, osteoarthritis, right knee deferred, clarification of your VA examination, arthritis left knee is deferred: claim development.

If a medical doctor states that your SC disabilities prevent you from attaining and retaining substantial employment- that will help get TDIU-

Will my doctor at the satellite VA clinic do this? Does 70% for MDD actually prevent me from attaining and retaining substantial employment?

My work history over the past ten years will prove (social security earnings statement i requested) that i have not worked for a long time.

My primary care doctor is at the Pontiac VA Clinic, a satellite office of the Detroit VAMC. I have to go there for psoriasis treatment, but I go to primary care doc to get referral first.

Yes, I have to use creams and lotion, the psoriasis is over 60 percent of my body surface. Yes the lotions do mess up my clothes, and my clothing is limited to what doesn't rub, scratch, itch my skin. I had no idea about the clothing allowance. I will check that out immediately.

My question has now been fine tuned. :unsure:

Is the combination of 70 plus 60 plus 20 or 90% in VA math a good claim for unemployability?

Do I need to develop my claim any further, and if I do, should I see the VA psychiatrist first and ask about the unemployability statement?

should I just fill out the 21-8940 and send it to my DAV rep? I worked one place in the last five years and I can ask the manager if she will fill out the employers form for me. Please give me a push, I am stuck in "indecisive land" - a special part of my depressive disorder. B)

Thank you so much for your help so far.

70% Major Depressive Disorder, 60% Psoriasis, 20% Abnormal/Arthritic Talonavicular Joint (left foot)

I forgot to put this in after my screen cleared after clicking the 'back' button. It's the last of 4 items on page 2 of the form under "Information and instructions". Go figure

WHERE TO FILE CLAIM? If you have previously submitted a claim for disability compensation, send your application to the Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service (121), at your local VA Medical Center. If you have not made application for disability compensation, send the form to the VA regional office nearest your home.

--Jim

Life is good! :unsure:

60 plus . Please give me a push, I am stuck in "indecisive land" - a special part of my depressive disorder. :unsure:

Thank you so much for your help so far.

Hello there, curious on the obtaining of 60% Psoriasis disability rating. I have been treated for Psoriasis for the last few years, no one in my family has ever had it. I use creams/lotions and get phototherapy weekly by the VA

SSGMike.Ivy

Vietnam Veteran

4th Infantry Division

October 1968-October 1969

U.S. Army retired

Jr. Vice Commander

Father Vincent Capodanno Chapter 1101

Military Order of the Purple Heart

"To be a Veteran one must know and determine one's price for freedom."

SSGMike.Ivy said

"curious on the obtaining of 60% Psoriasis disability rating."

My decision letter says "An evaluation of 60 percent is granted for evidence showing more than 40 percent of the entire body or more than 40 percent of the exposed areas affected, or; constant or near constant systemic therapy corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive drugs required during the past 12 month period."

The 60% rating was given because the next step up is 80% (which includes tissue loss).

I have been treated for Psoriasis for the last few years, no one in my family has ever had it. I use creams/lotions and get phototherapy weekly by the VA.

Not in my family either. It really sucks with all the dry heat in my apartment, I use all the lotion I am prescribed and I am out of it now.

Sounds like if you have been getting treated by the VA with corticosteroids and light therapy, you qualify for 60% too. I am NOT an expert though, and I guess it depends on the doctor doing the evaluation.

do you get relief with light therapy?

e.greeley