Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Anyone Recommend A Doctor Or Organization For Ime

Rate this question

Will

Question

I have read alot about Dr. Bash and he contacted me a few months ago, but I can not afford what he charges and I would love to use his services but I cannot afford. Does anyone know of another Doctor or Organization I can get help with IME that is not so expensive. I am in Chicago. I have been dealing with VA for 15 years on claim and my only other option is IME. Anyone have any advice?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Will,

I am of the opinion that if you have a case that eventually you will find a doctor at a VA hospital who will write reports for you. That is not to say it will be easy. That is because the SO's have little or no connection to doctors as would an attorney who was fighting a work injury case. I had a slam dunk case and two VA doctors made up lies just so they would not have to get involved. Eventually, I went to customer care at another VA hospital and they told me to take my SMR and medical records to a specific doctor who they said liked getting involved in claims questions. Policy can vary from VA hospital to VA hospital. If one hospital blows you off try another. You might be able to call around on the phone. I did this long ago when each hospital director was allowed to establish policy as to whether or not the docotrs could write reports for claims disputes. Hopefully there is not a system wide restriction at this time.

The doctor customer care told me to see wrote a single report that was a slam dunk and was the basis for service connection on my claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Will,

I just read the post that went into detail about your disability. It is my experience that VA doctors will not get involved in psych claims unless you agree to enter a treatment program for at least two months. This is for any psych condition, not just PTSD.

I agree with Hoppy. Most VA docs do not get involved. The ones I have spoke to say thay are only in the treatment buisness and know nothing about the claims system. They act like they will lose their jobs if they write a report that is favorable to you. So that leaves you with having to get an IMO and it costs you money. Alot of people can not afford the rates the doctors charge unless you have some extra $$$ laying around that you don't need. I have had to get 2 IMO's but they only cost me an office visit with a Family Practice dr and the VA put alot of weight on these reports. Hope this helps

• HadIt.com Elder

Will, you could do an SSd attorney search and ask one for the name of a good occupational Doctor who does IME's for them. They can also reccommend them. These docs are usually real good and some are also licensed attorneys who know the disability system. If you were close to my area, I could really hook you up with a good one.

J

Edited by jbasser