Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplimental Statement Of Case Question

Rate this question

les

Question

After 4 years I received denials from a DRO appeal in June 2007. I then then sent in a dissagreement and additional information to these denials in July 2007. I called the 1-800 # today and was informed they are working on a supplimental statement of case and pending reveiw of my ssd records which they have recieved. I received a ssoc in june 07 and my three appeals were all denide. My question is I assume they will be denide again anybody have this happen to them please give your thoughts.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
After 4 years I received denials from a DRO appeal in June 2007. I then then sent in a dissagreement and additional information to these denials in July 2007. I called the 1-800 # today and was informed they are working on a supplimental statement of case and pending reveiw of my ssd records which they have recieved. I received a ssoc in june 07 and my three appeals were all denide. My question is I assume they will be denide again anybody have this happen to them please give your thoughts.

x

x

x

Sounds like you have several Issue(s) on Appeal; the RO might have reconsidered one or more issues.

Also sounds like they are dragging out your Appellate Rights to Due Process.

Have you ever filed an Appeal to the BVA yet on VA Form 9 ??? If not, be prepared to appeal!

Am I confused or did you say your claim was denied, June 2007, and sent in your appeal in July 2007. then you say you call today which is January 15, 2008, and they said they were working on a SSOC. But your saying you got your SSOC June 07, 2007.

That June 07, 2007 is before you appealed, amd before you called and they said they were working on SSOC on your claim. doesn't sound right to me, did you get your date wrong?

Or can you get two SSOC on the same claime, one before the appeal and one after?

Rockhound :)

I found for example on say a claim with five issues - VA will break up the issues in the decision and

sometimes make partial or deferred decisions - realize they need more information or not realize they

already have some information (evidence) that got lost or held up along the lines. This can lead to several SSOC's.

I know from personal fact of getting three different SSOC's on my claim with a time span of over a 18 months

in between them.

jmho,

carlie

les - yes a SSOC certainly means a denial of sometype. However, keep in mind that the VA can award a partial award on a claim in which a SSOC would still be issued. If that is the case one would also receive a rating decision also. As an example say you claimed a disability that had ratings of 10, 20 and 30 percent. After you sent in the new evidence you spoke of, they decided to grant service connection and rate it at 10 percent. They still would issue a SSOC because they were unable to grant a full award which would have been a 30 percent rating.

Rockhound - there can be several SSOC's issued on the same claim.