Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi (quality Assurance)

Rate this question

donnieragsdale

Question

The claims fellow, (he had called me to confirm that I was not working), from Social Security Administration Disability Determination Services.

I asked about my claim; (at first, he was reluctant to say anything about my claim). Subsequently and after he recognized some obvious stress, on my part while awaiting the decision, he said he had made a "favorable decision".

He went on to say that my case had been randomly selected for "Quality Assurance".

Couple of questions for others, who have been through the SSDI process:

1. Does "favorable" mean that I have been approved or could there possibly be need for some higher level of decision?

2. What is the random "Quality Assurance" process and my claim is in this part of the process; When might I expect the letter from SSA?

thanks,

Don

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It happened to me and slowed down my pay day about 3 weeks. Seems like it happens a lot but they explained to me it was more to review how the claim was handled than anything else.

thanks pete.

I was worried that this "quality assurance" might be an additional step, in the process, where the the decision by disability determination services could be over rode and the claim possibly denied.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

don

• HadIt.com Elder
The claims fellow, (he had called me to confirm that I was not working), from Social Security Administration Disability Determination Services.

I asked about my claim; (at first, he was reluctant to say anything about my claim). Subsequently and after he recognized some obvious stress, on my part while awaiting the decision, he said he had made a "favorable decision".

He went on to say that my case had been randomly selected for "Quality Assurance".

Couple of questions for others, who have been through the SSDI process:

1. Does "favorable" mean that I have been approved or could there possibly be need for some higher level of decision?

2. What is the random "Quality Assurance" process and my claim is in this part of the process; When might I expect the letter from SSA?

thanks,

Don

Don,

My brother went through the same thing as you. First he was told on the telephone, all flavorable on local level, but had to go to Quality Assurance.

He had his letter within two weeks, back pay within same and received a letter his checks will start the first Wednesday of each month.

The complete process took no more two weeks to two and a half.

Congratulations, you got it.

Always,

Betty

Betty,

thanks for the positive note. <_<

I've got a TDIU claim with VA in process now. I hope to get the SSDI letter soon and forward it to VA for consideration along with everything else.

Some here, have noted that it too can provide supportive evidence at the VA for adjudication and rating for unemployability.

Don

• HadIt.com Elder
Betty,

thanks for the positive note. <_<

I've got a TDIU claim with VA in process now. I hope to get the SSDI letter soon and forward it to VA for consideration along with everything else.

Some here, have noted that it too can provide supportive evidence at the VA for adjudication and rating for unemployability.

Don

Don,

I am confident you will have your letter very shortly. My brother was optimistic just as you and his was in the mail, almost as soon as the guy told him of the approval.

Always,

Betty

EXACT same thing happened to me.

The guy working my claim finally hinted that my claim was approved by saying it was a decision "Id be happy with". But, it had been picked up for the QA.

Took about two weekd to get through the QA before I finally found out a definite. I was very worried about the QA and from what I found out, it IS random and it pretty much just checks to make sure that the guy working your claim did everything right. Sounds like you should expect a letter soon. For me, I just got a huge deposit into my account before any letter or anything. I would imagine you will be doing the happy dance very soon!