Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can I Take Documents To A Different Ro?

Rate this question

free_spirit_etc

Question

I am concerned about sending things by certified mail - as you have proof that you sent SOMETHING, but no proof of what you actually submitted. (i.e. they can lose PARTS of what you sent and claim they never received them).

I am dealing with the RO in Chicago. However, there is also a Regional Office in St. Louis that is only 15 minutes away from me.

Can I take documents to St. Louis and get them file-stamped and sent to Chicago from there?

Free

Think Outside the Box!

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I am concerned about sending things by certified mail - as you have proof that you sent SOMETHING, but no proof of what you actually submitted. (i.e. they can lose PARTS of what you sent and claim they never received them).

I am dealing with the RO in Chicago. However, there is also a Regional Office in St. Louis that is only 15 minutes away from me.

Can I take documents to St. Louis and get them file-stamped and sent to Chicago from there?

Free

Hi Free,

How you doing? Good to hear from you. I take things to the Roanoke Regional Office to go to the Huntington, West Va. R.O .

Let's see what the others say about this.

Always and Good Luck,

Betty

So I can photcopy the certified sticker and then make a list of what I am sending on THAT page - as proof they received THOSE documents?

If they do not notify me that any of the documents I state are being sent are missing, is that "proof" that they received them?

Also, do I have to request return receipt, or is the online confirmation that the certified mail was received and signed for enough evidence?

Free

Yes, you can. You can also photocopy the certified stickered number on the first page of the document or the certified numbered addressed envelope with the first page to prove what you sent. Your choice.

pr

Think Outside the Box!

• HadIt.com Elder

Free,

When I had so much problem with getting things in my file at the AMC

and the BVA.

I faxed a copy to my Senator's Office and he faxed them through for

me.

Those papers were not lost and were logged in immediately.

Just a thought

Always,

Betty

Free

Dr. Bash asked me to number the pages of his medical exam 1 of 52, 2 of 52, 3 of 52 etc.

That way we know if they got all the pages. I sent it certified mail return receipt. Well the AMC never signed for it. I told the postmaster that they did not sign, I showed him the unsigned return receipt and he gave me my money back.

They got the documents, but the rater went ahead and ignored his physical exam

findings.

I plan to number the pages of any evidence I submit in the future.

Happy Trails

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.