Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Just Discovered A Form To Use To Get A Medical Opinion

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ya'll may know about this form, but I didn't. It's a form that you give your VA health care provider for them to fill out in support of your claim.

I had to scan it, so it might not come out very clear.post-1306-1200948949_thumb.jpg

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• Answers 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

That's the one I mentioned in a post a few days ago...I tried to scan it here at work, but the new scanner doesn't work. Thanks for posting that up for everyone. I have actually used it about 4 times now. I fill it out the dr's name, my name, the condition and the event in service portions before I take it in. That way all the dr has to do is check the appropriate line on top and sign their name.

90%, TDIU P&T

Thanks for the form. I wonder why they have it so simple though - Just having them check the box and put in your diagnosis, when they know dang good and well - if the doctor doesn't state HOW it is related, and WHY it is related, they aren't going to pay attention to what box he / she checked. But at least it's a start :)

Free

Think Outside the Box!

Another thing to WATCH on the form - the ORDER of their statements are MISLEADING!

In my medical opinion, the currently existing medical condition is

Related to

Possibly related to

More likely than not related to

and injury, illness, or event occuring during the veteran's military service.

The way they PLACED "possibly related to" would give people the tendency to check THAT Box if it wasn't a certainty - but was MORE than 50%.

However POSSIBLY related to does not give any point of reference. Possibly can be ANYWHERE between 1% and 99%.

Note - a good portion of possibility is UNDER 50%

Free

Think Outside the Box!

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks for the form. I wonder why they have it so simple though - Just having them check the box and put in your diagnosis, when they know dang good and well - if the doctor doesn't state HOW it is related, and WHY it is related, they aren't going to pay attention to what box he / she checked. But at least it's a start :)

Free

I guess that the "illness, injury or event in service" is where the doc relates the current diagnosis to the "illness, injury or event".

I just thought that if the VA came up with the form, that they would be more familiar with it, and the docs would not be afraid of filling in the blanks. Anyway, it is a good way, I think, of approaching the VA docs, that way they don't have to sit down and type up a bunch of stuff, all they got to do is fill in the blanks so they would probably do this when they wouldn't want to spend their time writing out the whole schmear.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph