Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Is Real

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

Was watching the H-channel they tried to pass it off as a gang banger gone wrong wihch I may have believed it if he was with others but he was clearly alone and on a one way mission period. They said the Vets records showed he was in Iraq and seen very little combat but just the same 1 event I'm sure could change your way of thinking. He was there during 03-04. as the story goes He was by him self with a SKS converted to full auto under a jacket acting strange, someone called the police, they never knew he had a weapon till they(bad ass cops) started to approach him screaming at him, he began to cut loose tactfully as if he was being ambushed and I called it as I was watching footage what I'd do, Vet charged forward laying down suppression fire and side to side striking 1 of 2 officer 4 times while other officer took off running for his life. Another officer pulled up be hind the VET. The vet wheeled around took cover and opened up on another officer, who tried to back up fast before being struck 2 times vet changed car and executed officer in car as he cooked off 2 rds at point blank range and took off down alley as he waited to be killed he faced his fate ran in to ally charged as he was cut down by swat. I am sorry if this stirs feelings in some it did for me. They can call it what they want I have personally witnessed things like this with Vietnam vets as a child in WV. Help these VET's or this could be the finished result not all but 1 is to much. I don't in any way personally condone what the VET done, but I can relate..I feel this vets problems could have been prevented.............Rich

Edited by yoggie2

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Rich, the VA has known that PTSD is real. Although it has been call various names after the different wars they knew it was there.

Different people react different to various stressors. Some are stronger willed than others. Sometimes a small stressor that many may just laugh off will set another off in a way that he/she reacts in the same manner as the gentleman did. In no way what he did was right and he now must pay the price. However, only if he had received help the payment may have never come due. jmho

Rich, the VA has known that PTSD is real. Although it has been call various names after the different wars they knew it was there.

Different people react different to various stressors. Some are stronger willed than others. Sometimes a small stressor that many may just laugh off will set another off in a way that he/she reacts in the same manner as the gentleman did. In no way what he did was right and he now must pay the price. However, only if he had received help the payment may have never come due. jmho

I was talking in the sense with personality disorders and other bogus names they (VA) slap on it...

I guess he didn't check the box......Rich

Edited by yoggie2

Was watching the H-channel they tried to pass it off as a gang banger gone wrong wihch I may have believed it if he was with others but he was clearly alone and on a one way mission period.

Am I missing something, where did this come from or start from? its like I walked into the middle of a conversation and missed the beginning, is this carried over from another post?

Am I missing something, where did this come from or start from? its like I walked into the middle of a conversation and missed the beginning, is this carried over from another post?

No you go it all, it was a program I was watching and the Government made this fellow look as he was something else , PTSD wasn't even mentioned

as a possible result of his actions. He was supposedly a gang banger who just freaked out because be was a gang member "ex-Iraqi solder o3-o4"s saying he used what he learned to pull it off. I say from what I saw the way he tactfully executed movements seasoned cops scared to death, VA wanted no part of that. oh yeah he's a gang member that's why he done this completely alone, after just getting back from Iraq. How ridicules......................Rich.

• HadIt.com Elder

I certainly am very sorry that this happened.

It is an unfortunate example of what can happen in an extreme case of PTSD, war "flashback" or whatever it's currently called. Many "combat" veterans have "flashbacks", although usually not resulting in this sort of outcome.

In the Vietnam era, the military idea of checking to see if a member in the discharge/separation process might have such a problem was to keep the individual around in a setting for a week or two that consisted of a relatively normal stateside military environment, and exposure to the civilian side via passes, liberty, etc. Assuming nothing untoward happened, the member was considered sane, and separated/discharged as appropriate.

Was watching the H-channel they tried to pass it off as a gang banger gone wrong wihch I may have believed it if he was with others but he was clearly alone and on a one way mission period. They said the Vets records showed he was in Iraq and seen very little combat but just the same 1 event I'm sure could change your way of thinking. He was there during 03-04. as the story goes He was by him self with a SKS converted to full auto under a jacket acting strange, someone called the police, they never knew he had a weapon till they(bad ass cops) started to approach him screaming at him, he began to cut loose tactfully as if he was being ambushed and I called it as I was watching footage what I'd do, Vet charged forward laying down suppression fire and side to side striking 1 of 2 officer 4 times while other officer took off running for his life. Another officer pulled up be hind the VET. The vet wheeled around took cover and opened up on another officer, who tried to back up fast before being struck 2 times vet changed car and executed officer in car as he cooked off 2 rds at point blank range and took off down alley as he waited to be killed he faced his fate ran in to ally charged as he was cut down by swat. I am sorry if this stirs feelings in some it did for me. They can call it what they want I have personally witnessed things like this with Vietnam vets as a child in WV. Help these VET's or this could be the finished result not all but 1 is to much. I don't in any way personally condone what the VET done, but I can relate..I feel this vets problems could have been prevented.............Rich