Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Case Sent To The Rating Board

Rate this question

fishes

Question

Iam 70% sc for ptsd and 40% sc for hearing impairment, 80% combined. Have applied for TDIU, my claim has been sent to the rating board. Is this the final step or is their more to come. I also had two c&ps one for hearing and one for employability done in Jan. 8 2008. Thanks for your response.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh, dude, you KNOW that there is always "more to come", remember who you are dealing with.

Now, having said that........the answer to your question is this:

IF they grant your claim, then it leaves the Rating Board, goes to the group that makes sure all the "i's" are dotted and the "t's" are crossed (I can't remember what the name for them are...short term memory loss sucks) then it goes to the people who write your letter and stuff it in the big white envelope.....and, in the meanwhile you're hoping that somebody remembered to tell the U.S. Treasury Dept.

If they don't grant your claim.........well, I have not the time to go into that, tonight.

• HadIt.com Elder

Fishes:

Welcome to Hadit. Usually after you finish your C&P the pace picks up. Did you get copies of your C&P? If you did you will probably know how it is going to go. If the Doc said you can't work now and in the future its a slam dunk.

Good Luck

Larry made it look more complicated than it is. Most claims wait a lot more time in the file cabinet than they spend on someones desk being worked on or reviewed.

Fishes,

My claim was finished with the rating decision delivered to me right at 1 month after the C&P. My decision had 4 errors in it so I had to ask for a DRO review and I hope they will correct their mistakes at the local level as opposed to going to the BVA in WAshington. DJ 8 :)

Do you get SSA disability? Is it for the same SC conditions?

Does the VA know it?

On the TDIU form it says check yes if you get disability retirement-(# 18)but they dont specify SSA disability benefits-

I wonder how many vets might check yes and then the VA (since Question 18 is so vauge) never ask the vet if this is for SSA and for the same SC condition, and then send the vet the SSA authorization form.

If you get SSA for same conditon make sure they know and get those SSA records-

if you dont- you should apply for SSA disability.

You can receive that and the TDIU comp at the same time.

• HadIt.com Elder

I know I made it sound more complicated than it should be. Notice I said "should be".

Now, please understand, I just got 4 claims denied.

Why, you may ask?

Because, even though I have sent the VA not one, but THREE copies of my SSA award, NOWHERE in any of these claims do they even suggest that they have ever SEEN my SSA paperwork. Not a mention of the SSA award in my Statement of the Case (SOC). No mention of the SSA award in the list of "evidence considered"........NOTHING, NADA, NOPE, NONE!

So, it's back to square ONE. And, it's deja vu all over again....just like my first claim (which ONLY took FOUR years).

So, you may understand, if you note a slight, wavering, whimpering note of dissatisfaction.

:)

From now on, ANY thing that I have to send to them, I will get in my car and DRIVE it to them, hand it to someone that has a "Received ON" stamp and get them to stamp THEIR copy, and MY copy whilst I stand there and observe. I will drive from north of Dallas to Waco, Every Time, I don't frickin care if I have to make 20 trips......I really don't!

I didn't get copies of my C&P, but the hearing Doc said my hearing was no worse but is bad. Right ear average decibels 66.25,with 68% speech recognition, left year 83.75 and 48% speech recognition. The other C&P I don't know but he did my PTSD evaulation gave me GAF of 45, and chornic PTSD and major depression. Thanks for your help