Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review

Rate this question

Dale Jr. 8

Question

Stupid question, but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the waiting times for a DRO review? Are they quicker than the original claim? I know that most answers are based on the RO's backlog and if more info is neededfrom me. Thanks DJ8

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Stupid question, but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the waiting times for a DRO review? Are they quicker than the original claim? I know that most answers are based on the RO's backlog and if more info is neededfrom me. Thanks DJ8

[/quo

Dale

I am in Virginia and mine took about 8 months. When did you get out of the service? Anybody who seperated or retired after Oct 22 2001 (don't quote me on tthe date) get fast tracked. If 8 months is fast tracked

Jim

JIM MAC

I got out in 1997. I was hoping that it would be quicker than the original claim since the rater made 3 mistakes in the rating. 2 of them would have given me TDIU. I guess that why they made the mistake. Yhanks for the info. DJ8

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm still waiting, and it will be a year in March 08.

All I've seen so far.

Perodic "we are working on your claim" letters, which stopped after several months.

A request for medical records-- (I had already submitted the necessary forms for them to obtain them from the sources, and given them a copy of the records I had.)

I wrote a letter in reply to the request letter, and stated in that letter that in general, the medical records should already be in the VA's hands. If additional records were needed, and can be identified specifically, I will help in obtaining them. It's also interesting that I have never received a valid VCAA letter or a rational and complete SOC letter.

Chuck 75,

The info isn't very encouraging to me since the original claim took 14 months. I have been battling for 6 years now so another year or so won't matter much I suppose. Maybe NC is quicker than GA. Somehow I think all RO's run the same speed SLOW!!!! Thanks DJ8 :rolleyes:

As long as the initial VCAA letter was complied with and you sent in the signed VCAA election form-it could take a matter of months and not years-

file AO claim Feb 2003

got illegal VCAA letter July 2003

DRO request April 2004

DRO review Sept 2005

DRO review cued

DRO results Dec 2005 DRO review (still no evidence read by DRO)

BVA transfer July 2006

BVA remand Sept 2006

last I heard "ready to rate" and with supervisor-

(I never got a legal VCAA letter nor any election form for this claim)

That is one of my claims-

the other claim-

filed Sept 2004

received VCAA election letter and VCAA Notice August 2007

Responded with medical evidence-and signed election form-

in rating board now

CUEs July and Sept 2004 (Cues dont get VCAA letters)

DRO review requested Aug 2007. Went to DRO Oct 3rd 2007.

presently in rating board.

If the VCAA election notice is not received the VARO obviously puts the claim on the back burner.