Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got My Decision Today From Dro And I Won

Rate this question

Will

Question

I just got my decison today from DRO and I won my claim for 100 percent service connection, back dated till july 2005. It was along hard road but worth it. I would like to say thanks to you all. Especially Wings!!!

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

WONDERFUL News!

A veteran should aggressively fight any decision they do not agree with-and do it as soon as possible with the NOD.

A DRO review is supposed to be de novo- a completely new look at the evidence-sounds like the DRO did their job here.

I do not feel any vet should allow some vet rep to prepare a generic NOD for them-the NOD is the first avenue of attack and the NOD can change the course of the claim by stating what is wrong n the decision and why.

Yes the DRO did that job here and I wish the raters would have done their jobs. The DRO clearly stated a Hospitalization that was in Feb 2006 and and when I took a look at my other rating decisions I did not even see this hospitalization mentioned. She made it obvious without admitting to a CUE's that the other decisions were not completely looked at.

She also put in the decision "THAT NO FUTURE EXAMINATIONS WILL BE SCHEDULED" is this typical that they put in a rating decision.

Edited by Will

"She also put in the decision "THAT NO FUTURE EXAMINATIONS WILL BE SCHEDULED" is this typical that they put in a rating decision. "

No- I wish it was-

Obviously they awarded P & T Too?

This gives your dependents CHAMPVA as well as Chapter educational benefits-

I get both and they are both excellent benefits-

Will -they told a local vet I helped that he also would never be scheduled for any re exams-

he has 100% P & T-

Last year he got a notice he would need to be re-examined-

I helped him raise hell and they immediately sent him a letter stating No future exams-

I hope they don't ever pull this on you-by the way what VARO was this- ?

It is Chicago VARO, what is P & T by the way. Yes they sent me a letter also that talks about Deers, commissary privledges also.

Also I noticed my original application for IU was October 2004, and wondering why they only went back to July 2005,, that is was suppose to be back to the original application date

Edited by Will

Will- P & T means Permanent and Total-

it should say in the decision that your dependents are eligible for Chapter 35-

The CHAMPVA letter came separately to me-from VA- stating I should apply and "could" be eligible for CHAMPVA-which is sort of separate program from the VA claims process- dont know how they do that these days-

CHAMPVA then determines eligibility based on the VA award letter.

"Also I noticed my original application for IU was October 2004, and wondering why they only went back to July 2005,, that is was suppose to be back to the original application date "

Yeah- something is wrong there- I think- what rationale did the letter state was the July 2005 date picked ?