Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got My Decision Today From Dro And I Won

Rate this question

Will

Question

I just got my decison today from DRO and I won my claim for 100 percent service connection, back dated till july 2005. It was along hard road but worth it. I would like to say thanks to you all. Especially Wings!!!

Will

100% S/C TDIU P&T

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It states " We are using an effective date July 8, 2005, as the date service connected disabilitlies met the schedular requirements for this benefit. This is considered a total grant of benefits sought on appeal for this time.

I understand why they did it this way I think because I was receiving Non Service Connected pension from August 1st 2004 to August 1st 2005, so by using the July 2005 then I will not have to pay back the pension. I think this seems right.

Yes and I found where it does say P & T in the letter.

Will

100% S/C TDIU P&T

Will- was the NSC pension for the exact same conditions they SCED?

You did make a good point on the pension and they would have deducted-but if these were the same SCed conditions-

does that retro still make sense to you?

Veteran- you fought a long battle- maybe you should just get that retro $ and treat yourself real good, relax and then think about their decision-(but I will be thinking about it while you relax!)

They might be correct-still-

did your evidence when you filed for TDIU meet the TDIU criteria?

Hope others chime in here too.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

The non service connection was for a stroke and no I am not service connected for it at all. Only 10 percent was s/c for depression at that time

How long does it take to get the retro pay? 15 days they said, but that seems to short of time

Edited by Will

Will

100% S/C TDIU P&T

I thought I met the s/c for my leg and depression but I guess in 2004 I did not, so they went more off the stroke since it got me more money at the time according to them. I currently have a claim in for PTSD and also filed CUE on the pension issue several weeks ago, but I am thinking I may withdraw the CUE and claim for PTSD because I do not want any undo attention brought to the pension and then I may have to pay it back.

The non service connection was for a stroke and no I am not service connected for it at all. Only 10 percent was s/c for depression at that time

How long does it take to get the retro pay? 15 days they said, but that seems to short of time

Edited by Will

Will

100% S/C TDIU P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

You won !! You fought the good fight, brother. I can totally empathize with the PTSD and Depression. I hope you use the benefits to begin healing your body and mind. Pass it on and help other vets. You know, if your daughter needs money for College, she can use your VA benefits. ALSO, be sure you understand your FULL benefits for 100% P@T, including federal and state. God Bless. ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder

I got my letter on the 6th of April 2006 and the money was deposited to my bank acct on the 14th they can move money quick

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."