Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recieved Call From Case Worker Today

Rate this question

ruby

Question

Recieved a call from the case worker today. He wanted to know if I sent out the paper work they sent to me. I had more than a week ago to London KY.

Then he started asking me question regarding pain and depression, which I answered. I told him that my arthritis is what is crippling. He asked me if I felt I could work if I didn't have the arthritis, I said yes, cause its true. I can work with the asthma and arthritis.

I asked him if he had my computer x ray records that show my arthritis, he said no, I asked him if he wanted me to send him another copy to expedite my case. He said I don't think that will be necessary.

If we need xrays we will send you to get them at our cost. I said I was hoping to save everyone time and money as my x-rays clearly show the severity of my arthritis.

Should they need them I will gladly send them to him directly, again he said I don't believe that will be necessary.

Then at the end he ask me if I would be willing to go a physicial exam if they requested one, of course I said yes. The sooner the better.

I also ask him if he had any idea of when I my claim would be decided, finanically I am having a hard time making ends meet. He said as soon as they get my medical records, which they VA hasn't sent to them.

I ask for a copy of them a month ago and recieved 2 copies, I think I got thiers, so out to the mail they go tomorrow.

Anyway does anyone have any ideas or thoughts regarding his statement, I don't think your x rays will be needed.

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My appt is tuesday so I'll find out then. Just wondering since psy was not a listed problem. ReA is listed under immune and according to thier critieria I meet the requirements.

Ruby, one thing Binder and Binder asked us to do with my husband's mental exam was to take note of what time he was called in for the actual exam, and how long it lasted (don't count the waiting time when you first arrive). Another was to carry a pen and writing pad, or recording device if you have one, with you and leave it in your vehicle, but as soon as you return after the exam, note what the questions were that you were asked, as many as you can remember. This may be very relevant in the event of an appeal, whether you appeal it on your own or secure representation, if it's ever needed. We did this immediately after we returned to our vehicle, before pulling out of the parking lot.

• HadIt.com Elder

Excellent suggestion VAF to record any medical exam that could be used to deny benefits. Trust with a Doctor must be earned in my opinion.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Thanks VAF I will do that, especially since I am having problems with remembering things as detailed as I use to.

Got another call today from case worker, I am now scheduled for a comp exam with occupational spec. in April, it really looks they are trying to deny me.

Ruby, please consider getting an attorney if you don't already have one. I can tell you that we received word from Binder and Binder within five days of returning all their paperwork to them via fax and snail mail that they were willing to represent my husband.