VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p

Rate this question

david walker

Question

Hello all,

I am currently rated at 20% for DDD cervical spine. I filed a request to reconsider and added more claims:

Chronic pain, migraines, anxiety/panic disorder, gastriontestinal problems, radiculopahy (both arms), tendonitis (elbow & shoulder), post traumatic arthritis (wrist), lumbar/thoracic back pain, arthritis of cervical spine & neck scar. All have been documented and linked together. I received a letter stating I have 3 C&P's scheduled next month. I know one is for the anxiety/panic disorder, but I'm clueless for the other 2. I called and they refused to discuss it on the phone. Whats the big deal??? Does anyone have an idea what exams they may be going to use? You help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

David:

Hang in there I am sure your other C&P's relate to your other problems. How long have you had panic disorder?

• HadIt.com Elder

One good thing about it is that you can have remission for periods of time and that you are not crazy and there are others who suffer with it. If you get good treatment you can do a lot of stuff. Untreated it will become a real nightmare.

Good luck to you I have had mine since June 11th 1969.

I believe the VA must inform you of what, exactly, they are giving you a C&P for. I would take a harder stance on the matter if I were you....allowing them to strong arm vets helps no one. You have a right to prepare for your C&P and gather any evidence to support your claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

The question is, who did you call?

The VAMC will usually be able to tell you who you will be seeing, and from that you can usually figure out what you are being examined before. Of course, if the a sending you to a contract outfit, then it's anybodies guess.

the VA doesn't always tell you about a c&p exam. I got a letter in the mail 2 years ago, that I had to go in and see a mental health Doctor, at the VA in a month or so, so went in on the date and time mentioned, he asked me a lot of dumb questions, like they always do when you are rated for ptsd, then after about 20 minutes, he said that was it, and said I could go. then about a month later, I got a letter in the mail stating that I had a C&P exam for anxiety attacks & agaphrophia, and they were makeing me 100% for ptsd, instead of the 70% with tdiu, yes I has asked for a exam for anxiety attacks and agaphrophia, as secondary to the ptsd. but they didn't tell me until after the fact that I had a c&p exam and won sorta, I feel they screwed me over in a way, as I was already getting paid at he 100% rate, but nothing to do about it, as far as I know.

Edited by frosty69