• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Inquiry On Feb 11th Ten Days Ago

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

The award letter is dated 10 January, still no money in the bank

the inquiry

On 12/28/07 A DRO made a favorable decision on my case. I was notified of the decision(s) in a letter dated Jan 10, 2008. This decision changed the Effective date of my 100% award from April 6th 2006 to Jun 1st 2004.

Previous to that my combined rating was 80% effective June 1 2004, 90% effective July 25th 2005, and 100% effective April 6 2006.

The DVA owes me retro active pay for the differences of the 80% award effective June 1, 2004 VS 100% effective June 1, 2004 and the differences of the 90% award effective July 25th 2005 vs the 100% effective date of June 1, 2004.

I was wondering when I was going to receive the retro active payment?

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

geeez- do you think your rep could find out?

I am still waiting for iris reply since December-

but I also put my request in writing too- and a vet also email the DRO the request-

By the way I am really angry over this-

it used to be call 1-800 then hit #1,and then #0 to get a rep to give you status of the claim-up here at the Buffalo VARO-

NOW they have a message about the new tax rebate info- but you have to hit # 1, # 2 # 3# 1 then #0

and I got cut off five times this week just after the robot told me to hang on for a rep-a dial tone-

I called the Director office because I was so poed -a working number months ago -to gripe and got message that this federal phone number is no longer in service !

How is any disabled veteran able to put up with this telephone crap ?

I have been calling 800 for 2 decades but not all widows or vets know how to handle all these damn numbers- and the message does not really explain where to go to -even get to a vet rep-when you do follow the menu-

it used to be hit one- a menu and then if you want to speak directly to a claims rep hit 0-now it is all different.

this change happened recently at the Buffalo VARO 800#

Has this happened also to any of you who call other VAROs?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Guest jangrin

Betrayed,

You should receive payment the first of the month following the date of your award letter. If you got the award letter in January you should have recieved the award in the bank/mail the first of February. If you don't have your funds in the bank/mail on the first of March, then I would call the 800 number and have them get someone to find out where your payment is. The 800 people have access to supervisors and they can find out or have someone "in the know", call you back. By the way all VSR's have telephones with private extensions at thier desk. So they can call you back.

It should not take this long to recieve funds from a recent award.

Jangrin

The award letter is dated 10 January, still no money in the bank

the inquiry

On 12/28/07 A DRO made a favorable decision on my case. I was notified of the decision(s) in a letter dated Jan 10, 2008. This decision changed the Effective date of my 100% award from April 6th 2006 to Jun 1st 2004.

Previous to that my combined rating was 80% effective June 1 2004, 90% effective July 25th 2005, and 100% effective April 6 2006.

The DVA owes me retro active pay for the differences of the 80% award effective June 1, 2004 VS 100% effective June 1, 2004 and the differences of the 90% award effective July 25th 2005 vs the 100% effective date of June 1, 2004.

I was wondering when I was going to receive the retro active payment?

Betrayed

You are a retire and in the same boat I am. I sent a email to DFAS over 30 days ago asking them the same thing no answer.

Good luck

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

Betrayed:

My son is having the same problem. Received the decision letter on the 28th of Jan. Called the 800 Number when his check from his previous decision didn't show up on the first of the month. They said 2 checks regular check and the retro check were mailed out on the first.

Well here it is the 22 of Feb and no checks yets. Called the 800 # again Checks were still said mailed out on the first.

Called the 800 # again last week and they said they put a tracer on the checks.

Called them again today and guess what. A tracer wasn't put on the checks a week ago as they said.

Today after talking to one of the supervisors they gave up a Confirmation # on the tracer that was put in place today.

Guess we will continue to wait!!

Jessie

Edited by jessie0054

Betrayed - it took the VA little more than a month to send my retro, only they sent it to the wrong zip. Congrats on the award.

Jessie - Have them check the system and make sure your zip code is correct. They had transposed two numbers on my zip code and luckily the post office still delivered my retro check but it was pretty marked up and was delayed.

Congrats all around,

TS Snave