Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims

Rate this question

toolman

Question

I was hurt while on actice duty and was discharged honorbly and sent home while still seeing a Doctor. I had a back and neck injury in 1986. I got a 20% rating after about ten years. Now I can't work what am I to do. Can anyone tell what I do next.

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello toolman, why cant you work? is it due to your service connected disability? do you need care and compensation? You may want to read the first page of Hadit regards submitting claims or even go to the VA website for starters. If a service connected injury debelitates you to the point of unemployment, thats something to discuss. Best to ya, cg

I was hurt while on actice duty and was discharged honorbly and sent home while still seeing a Doctor. I had a back and neck injury in 1986. I got a 20% rating after about ten years. Now I can't work what am I to do. Can anyone tell what I do next.

Welcome to Hadit!

I am sorry you can't work.

There are a lot of questions to ask to be able to assit you more.

You might want to move this discussion to the VA Claims Research Section unless you are just looking for information on an attorney.

When did you get the 20% rating?

Do you have a Veterans Service Officer?

HAve you asked the VA for an increase in your rating?

What is keeping you from working?

Have you tried to get SSDI?

Welcome to Hadit!

You might want to move this discussion to the VA Claims Research Section unless you are just looking for information on an attorney.

Welcome to Hadit!

Yes to the above .It was 2004 when I got rating and yes on ssdI.Have rupted disc and bulging disc and VA said it's nothing they can do.

Hello toolman, why cant you work? is it due to your service connected disability? do you need care and compensation? You may want to read the first page of Hadit regards submitting claims or even go to the VA website for starters. If a service connected injury debelitates you to the point of unemployment, thats something to discuss. Best to ya, cg

Yes, serviced and I have the proof and records. They say it is not service connected. I have rupted disc and bulging disc. can't stand or sit because of the pain.