Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims

Rate this question

toolman

Question

I was hurt while on actice duty and was discharged honorbly and sent home while still seeing a Doctor. I had a back and neck injury in 1986. I got a 20% rating after about ten years. Now I can't work what am I to do. Can anyone tell what I do next.

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, My Doctor has me on all these meds. and is not really treating for my back and neck. They want to do a nerve block , and it is a long waitng list for that. The long trip to the VA is unbearable and when i get back end up having to go to the emergencyroom for the pain and bp going out of site because of the pain. Have had to do this three times.

The lady that I saw at VARO said the injury was art of the spine due to trama. They also said that my record had been destroyed. I found out a few days later that was not so. I found out that the rating board had received my claim on the 12th of this month.

• HadIt.com Elder

Toolman, has your service officer mentioned filing for unemployability insurance (IU) with the VA? Its another benefit similar to SSDI and usually, not always, having SSDI for a service connected injury helps. Yes, if awarded, you can collect both without prejudice I belive. Best to ya,cg

Sorry,I didn't know

Toolman, has your service officer mentioned filing for unemployability insurance (IU) with the VA? Its another benefit similar to SSDI and usually, not always, having SSDI for a service connected injury helps. Yes, if awarded, you can collect both without prejudice I belive. Best to ya,cg

No he has not. Thanks I will ask him about it

• HadIt.com Elder

Toolman you can find more information about tdiu under the search feature ehre. The form for veteran's application for increased compensation based on unemployability, VA 21-8940. cg

No he has not. Thanks I will ask him about it