Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Ptsd With Incompetence Proposed

Rate this question

picatta 2

Question

Please HELP,

on 1-31-08 I was written a letter stating 100% permanent PTSD that is great now they hit me with incompetence proposed. with the hearing Dr. stating I can not handle my funds, I got together with the dav service rep. put in a hearing request. Service reps say's I lose if I do not get a phys Dr to write letter stating I can handle my funds. I pay all bills on time even over pay them so I can have them paid off in half the time have money in the bank good credit score what more do I have to do. I do not see a phys dr just a theipist Help. Also how long has it taken for the hearing I still get my money as I was already receiving it before this last hearing. What is the hearing like is it at court do I need a laywer? I am so scared I will do the wrong thing. I am almost afriad to spend any money on anything. If I give a family member one of my kids money will that be thought as not spending my money right? He is losing his home he is the one not taking care of bussness. Sorry I can not spell very well.

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Third hearing for PTSD? Why, why so many hearings?

What hearings have you asked for and why?

This post got me thinking, there is a follow up C&P for PTSD. I had the initial PTSD C&P and got the award, but

when will I have a follow up C&P?

And is it only one?

How does my P&T fit into it?

these are the Exams: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Initial, Review and Mental

I sent in my packet after a long wait 16 months went to a hearing. was awarded 100% but it was not forever. I had a second hearing or maybe c&p not sure of all the wording about three years later but my first letter told me about this hearing. That hearing or c&p was with two different people on the same day. Received a letter for 100% and was told next hearing was in two years this time it was with one of the same people as before but only her. That is when I received the letter saying 100%. " This evaluation is permanent and no further review examinations will be scheduled. Basic eligibility to Dependents Educational Assistance is established from January 26, 2008. A finding of incompetency is proposed"

I have asked for a personal hearing to disagree with the decision on my being incompetened. I am now trying to gather evedince, and find out what I need as my service worker say only a letter from a phsy Dr will change anything so I busy working on that as well as other stuff to show her so she can write the letter. Thanks for any and all help.

• HadIt.com Elder

Picata:

You are like a lot of other veterans who suffer from anxiety plus agoraphobia. I don't care to be around new people either although at some times I can surprise myself. One of my biggest worries is to have a panic attack in a public place so I have left a movie in the middle, left a full shopping cart in a store. Stay at home for days and weeks. We use less than a tank of gas a month or two. I voted at VA this year cause they set up where I pass by them.

I am glad that you have a club that interests you. I hope that you maintain control of your money and you should from what you have stated.I agree with Nekoiinu.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Good that you are taking proactive steps to get your due, Medical evidence for the VA is key.

Question: Is the appointment for a VA shrink? If you 'need' to see them sooner than July, why not ask?

I have good continuing care with va psychs, for now, and have recieved factual statements for my compensation claim. Its not easy to see the words on paper but shows 'my military inury' to the VA compensation rater.

Another question: Do you have a copy of your Cfile (compensation file)from the VA?

The Cfile shows detailed information from all your dealings with the VA. I had to ask permission for parts of my Cfile re psych stuff, but I got it and it helped me understand so much. (THANKS Pete!)

Best to ya, cg

Thank you for helping and prayers are always welcome. I have appontment with cpa monday but the Shrink is in July. I just hope I have the time. God Bless
Edited by cowgirl

Good that you are taking proactive steps to get your due, Medical evidence for the VA is key.

Question: Is the appointment for a VA shrink? If you 'need' to see them sooner than July, why not ask?

I have good continuing care with va psychs, for now, and have recieved factual statements for my compensation claim. Its not easy to see the words on paper but shows 'my military inury' to the VA compensation rater.

Another question: Do you have a copy of your Cfile (compensation file)from the VA?

The Cfile shows detailed information from all your dealings with the VA. I had to ask permission for parts of my Cfile re psych stuff, but I got it and it helped me understand so much. (THANKS Pete!)

I do not understand c-file or how to get one. Besides I recevied a cll from the civilan shrinks office and was told sorry do not want to get involed so no appointment in July. As for a VA dr can't get one at this time who will not order me meds. I have not taken meds for ptsd in over 20 years and not they say open up and take them. I have been o'kay for 20 years so why now? Most of the time a take a new med I end up in the local er at the hospital to the tune of $1500-$2000. out of my pocket this is at least once a year. I can not drive two hours when I am having a reaction to meds. So now I am back to square one. Guess I will burn up the phone lines on monday looking for another Dr. Thanks for everthing and everyones good wishes and prayers.

• HadIt.com Elder

CFile is your VA Compensation File that has all your VA history in it. Seeing that you are 110% connected, all your data, exams, letters and personal responses are in your file from day one at the VA. Go to the Freedom of Information/Records Request office and submit for it. The first copy is free and individual copies of VA office visits are also. I found intersting and helpful details in my file, of course I didnt like all that it said, but I used what I could and it worked.

If you dont prefer to take medicines from the VA, thats up to you. I would hope with the many changes going on in the VA realm of things, maybe the counselors and pysch doctors could appreciate your concerns and/or find alternate care routes. My doc at least told me he would prescribe the meds and it was up to me to try them or not. seems fair.

Just an idea, at least trying to and meeting with a VA psycholgoist (they dont prescribe meds) will show well on your records as efforts. If you are 100%, there is not cost either, thats good.

Sure wish the best for ya, cg

CFile is your VA Compensation File that has all your VA history in it. Seeing that you are 110% connected, all your data, exams, letters and personal responses are in your file from day one at the VA. Go to the Freedom of Information/Records Request office and submit for it. The first copy is free and individual copies of VA office visits are also. I found intersting and helpful details in my file, of course I didnt like all that it said, but I used what I could and it worked.

If you dont prefer to take medicines from the VA, thats up to you. I would hope with the many changes going on in the VA realm of things, maybe the counselors and pysch doctors could appreciate your concerns and/or find alternate care routes. My doc at least told me he would prescribe the meds and it was up to me to try them or not. seems fair.

Just an idea, at least trying to and meeting with a VA psycholgoist (they dont prescribe meds) will show well on your records as efforts. If you are 100%, there is not cost either, thats good.

Sure wish the best for ya, cg

I do see and have been seeing a VA psycholgoist from twice a month to twice a week for the last 6+ years he is under contract for the VA which the VA claims is why I could not see one of their Dr. when I first tried. I just feel like they are trying to rape me all over again. Sorry. At times I feel sorry for myself. But on Monday when I can start to work on this again I won't feel so sorry for myself. Where would I find a Freedom office? Lord thank you for helping these people give me the answer I need. Thank You just does not seem enough right now.

Picatta