Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Altered Or Forgery Of Medical And C-file

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello Folks i recently recieved medical files from another facility they have lost 10 years of records however they were able to send only Computer generated notes such as dates and times of appointments when i was reviewing these i noticed a computer generated document with my signiture on it now for a fact i know i did not sign this. I did contact VISN in RE: to this and two different letters recieved from the Directors office which contradict eithier letter or is not consise.Again i bring up the issue of Accountability? The lady i spoke with clearly said to me that this is a forgery .Your thoughts please and Thank You ARE ALL THE GOV. AGENCIES UNTOUCHABLE?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I doubt that you can change a computer record but you can challenge it and give your side or proof. The reason that I harp on getting copies of your records is that it is the only way you can prove a record is altered or wrong.

Many would be surprised at what is written in their records

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Hello folks, Pete is 100% correct in pulling your records periodically and scrutinizing them.If incorrect they can have a detrimental effect on any pending or future care or claims...Just recently I met with my [New] Primary Care Provider and in his notes, mentioned that i like ice cream and choclate milk,LOL, but failed to enter my statement too him that i was bedridden for 9 days and my family had to fly in and help me out.Sooooo, do become your OWN Advocate...Regards William N

william

Hello folks, Pete is 100% correct in pulling your records periodically and scrutinizing them.If incorrect they can have a detrimental effect on any pending or future care or claims...Just recently I met with my [New] Primary Care Provider and in his notes, mentioned that i like ice cream and choclate milk,LOL, but failed to enter my statement too him that i was bedridden for 9 days and my family had to fly in and help me out.Sooooo, do become your OWN Advocate...Regards William N
Amen there brother! I recently went into my VAMC ER with a sprained ankle. I was using my cane as usual, and hobbling down the isle leaning on the wall. The ER notes stated "walks easily w/out assistance" and "ambulatory aid" was checked "no." :blink::lol: I immediately filed a complaint and submitted a 21-4138 addressing that item.

In many notes they have checked "no" where it refers to "amulatory aid" but I have been using a cane for some years now.

"Fall risk OO" often checked where they know better. There is more that gives you the idea.

Stay on top of those records.

Well let me ask this then, with that being said how does one fix documentation when you do not know the first step or shall i say the correct point of contact at any Federal Level whether it be The Veterans Administration or the Veterans Hospital because i think i have attempted that through the VHS in Washington DC ,General Counsel and in ten months the only thing i have received is a great big SPIN with out resolve on a clinical appeal as well C-File once i began investigating my records POA revoked . Reason unknown. my guess is the fact that there is a 13 year open appeal at BVA level which i was unaware of ,reason unaware of is the fact of a constant tear down by VA or Negativity or just plain ignored which in this case is VARO never or VSO followed up after a 1995 Hearing and you will go away, and you do become frustrated and disgusted to the point you want to kick some one in the arse and i believe this is what they wish to do , gives them another reason to lock you up.But i acn say this due to the internet and this website here at HADIT i will pursue till the end. I do appreciate any and all input or direction thank you

Hello all hope all is well. I wish i could say the same for my self i was scheduled for an MRI today and a clinical visit with my Neroulogist. I went in a little early to day in hopes of perhaps gettining it done sooner.At any rate as you know as i have posted my issue with this Clinical Appeal this has not been resolved , I did contact General counsel in BKLYN really nice guy he heard me out i sent him the necessary documentation. He reviewed it and said that the VAHCS did not follow prootocal and advise me of my appelate rights to amend these documents. Now that being said for over a year i have contacted PT Advocate at Hospital first she clearly told me other than her recieving the documentation and forwarding it to the Directors office thats it for her responsibility within the hospitals policy and that she can do nothing else. So i have requested numerous times by the Directors Secretary Verbally as well in writing to schedule an appointment so this can be resolved. They did reply that the record will not be amended nor changed and put a good spin on it and assigned a new point of contact at a different facility in MH. I contacted him explained as i have explained here and said to him if the PT Advocate can not do anything for me what are you going to achive for me. So Today since i was waiting for my MRI i figured i would go up to the directors office and see what the story is as per conversation with his secretary she said he was out for the week and will be back on monday which was 2 days ago and since i still did not get a reply i waited until today to broach this. Now mind you last week while i was there the receptionist saw that i was going to the directors office before i could even ask her a question she blurted out IAM ON BREAK in the hall 30 feet from the directors office Socializing with 2 other women. I was speechless i was so dumbfounded how could this individual have the nerve to say to a veteran I AM ON BREAK standing out in the hallway or in a public area now she knows i were knee braces have cervical spine injury and walk with a cane.and could have spared me the extra steps . Any way i did not say a word and kept going on to the directors office where i spoke with the secretary again and gave her the original copy of my C+P exam as well other documents and asked again if this arragement could be set up. So Today i went there again and asked again to speak with the DIRECTOR or The Chief of Medical so they would not have to see my happy face ever again so the receptionist went over to the Directors secretary and asked her she disappeared for a few minutes and then came back and said no this is not going to happen and again i asked for it to be inwriting. Got up and left really irritated now making a few loud and boistress comments and then said you can all go PHUCK yourselves. Well then no sooner was that said 8 VApolice were all over me. They asked what happened i explained the situation one of the people in that office concurred that this has been an ongoing issue,then a detective asked me to follow him down to the PT Advocate i did he advised me to voice my concerns with the advocate i explained to him been there done that and that this has been ongoing for a year now. Well they said i was being disruptive and asked me to leave as i was leaving i stopped by the FOIA office to put in my request for the police report the same detective said to me this is not the place for you to be i asked him do you want me to leave he said yes i asked him leave the hospital he said yes i said to him i have an MRI and a Neurology appointment he said i dont care you need to leave now . So i left i was so overwhelmed and in pain in my legs they gave out they all stood around and looked at me and said do you want to go to the emergency room i said no. Got up on my own and proceeded to leave once i got out the front doors of the Hospital again i was so overwhelmed i had to sit down dont you know he came up to me and said you can't sit here and need to go i said may i have a moment i was so pissed at this point if i didnt suckup the pain and just pure HIGHSCHOOL Nonsense ,Iwas about to BUST A GASKET and thought of my kids and limped over to my car got in and gave them the peace sign and said have a nice day. Needless to say i never got to any of my appointments and my neurologist called and said what happened and i told him then i said have a nice day sir and hung up. Now my Question What do I do for My Health Care? And i am so sorry for the long story however the more information the more you can understand what happened to me today. OIIOIOIOIII and once i got home i drop a few pills i still am appaulled at what had transpired. THANK YOU all and i do not mean to offend anyone.

• HadIt.com Elder

yeah...umm...err...I have uncontrollable outbursts of anger that threaten my job and to put me in jail on a weekly basis, but I am not STUPID enough to do it at the VAMC or the VARO. Yes...you have acted like an a$$clown, and you deserved to get thrown out.

Now that I have thoroughly admonished you...just wait a few weeks for it to blow over and for the man to forget your face, and reschedule your missed appointments. I don't think it was a total ban, and I am sure they are used to having vets 'pop their tops' occassionally. I don't know what to tell you on the other issue, except you need to get a lawyer involved...pronto!

Now...repeat after me:

I WILL NOT HAVE A MELTDOWN AND ACT LIKE A A$$CLOWN IN THE VAMC. IT ONLY MAKES ME LOOK STUPID, AND IT LETS THEM WIN.

Say that a few times and you shouldn't make the same mistake again. Good luck with everything.

90%, TDIU P&T