Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Partial Sucess

Rate this topic

Flatbroke

Got the letter today - 50% for PTSD starting May 1 2007.

I might not argue the percentage but I think I filled in 2006.

Also they are still rating my back at 20% so they havent rated my c&p for increase for lower back.

So I am now 60%. Since it is our 39th anniversary today we went out to dinner to celebrate.

I am going to call my attorney on monday to see if they will call about the back rating. In the mean time I will check on the date I filed for PTSD

everything stays the same until it changes. I think it changed.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo Hoo! Congrats to you!

Free

Got the letter today - 50% for PTSD starting May 1 2007.

I might not argue the percentage but I think I filled in 2006.

Also they are still rating my back at 20% so they havent rated my c&p for increase for lower back.

So I am now 60%. Since it is our 39th anniversary today we went out to dinner to celebrate.

I am going to call my attorney on monday to see if they will call about the back rating. In the mean time I will check on the date I filed for PTSD

everything stays the same until it changes. I think it changed.

Guest jangrin

Flatbroke,

Yippee!! Congratulations to you. Are you happy with the decision and do you feel it is correct? If you feel it should be higher then you should file an NOD. I am not familiar with your case, are you currently working?

If your not working and your PTSD and or another SC condition is keeping you from working you should file for IU.

In any case.... a win is a win and deserves celebration. Way to go, now for the rest of the story (the other 1/2) of the win. Your half way there don't give up.

Good for you. Jangrin

• HadIt.com Elder

You can ask them to verify and explain effective date. If you are not working you have been lowballed.

Glad that you opened the door.

I went from nothing to 30% to 50% to 70% and than to 100%

• HadIt.com Elder

Halloooo. good for you Flat, hope dinner was even more tasty on behalf of recieving your benefits due! I'd buy ya dessert if I weren't still doing the hokey pokey (hokie pokie?). Any ole how, C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S! cg

Thanks all,

I got 50% first time. I am happy because I can still work at this time. My attorneys and I are going to NOD the effect date. They started me as of May 2007 but on the SOC they state that they recieved my letter and the stressor letter from my CO on Sept 30, 2006 duh. Can anybody say rocket scientist.

I use humor alot i guess, in fact the physc said as much in my c&p and asked why. I told her it is better than the other side of life. I guess she believed me cause she rated me with a gaf OF 35. I dont think at this time I am 70% because I know a couple of vets that are 100% and I am happy to be rated at 50%.

My attorneys called the VA Monday about the other half - my back. The VA told my attorneys that they should have an answer in three to four weeks.

Like I said not much hair but am still pulling what is left.

For the new guys and gals listen to what the elders and moderators say cause it does help to get advise from someone who has been there and done that.

Semper Fi

everything stays the same - until it changes.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use