Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tinnitus Question

Rate this question

Hoppy

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I had breakfast this morning with a Viet Nam vet who said his ear had be ringing since Viet Nam. He said it was ringing loud enough that I should be able to hear it across the table. He said he was infantry with a CIB. He said it was caused by a rifle being fired right next to his head. Is there a presumptive link to his infantry MOS or can he be linked due to his combat status. I told him to check with an SO next time he went to the hospital. I also told him I would leave a note on his boat if I found anything out online.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I can't tell you about his specific case. But I was in the artillery (13E) and applied for the hearing compensation. My health records were lost in service but I still got the 10% even w/out 'em. (Happily my records have since been recovered.)

I should think he could swing it as 11B w/CIB. Should be even easier if ihe was 11C. Doesn't cost anything to file.

I can't tell you about his specific case. But I was in the artillery (13E) and applied for the hearing compensation. My health records were lost in service but I still got the 10% even w/out 'em. (Happily my records have since been recovered.)

I should think he could swing it as 11B w/CIB. Should be even easier if ihe was 11C. Doesn't cost anything to file.

Hello,

This is not exactly the same thing, but I received a rating for hearing loss even though my PMOS was

finance & accounting. As a senior NCO, I ran qualification ranges for my units and neglected to wear ear plugs. (I know, that was stupid). The primary factors were my physicals which showed no hearing loss when I entered the Army and somewhere along the line the records showed hearing loss.

My rating is 0 percent (zero), but it is rated and if my hearing gets worse I might be eligible for an increase or hearing aids.

Good luck,

Ron

• HadIt.com Elder

I am 11B/11C but I was active duty for 9 years and then national guard for 6 years I had no problem getting the diagnosis but since I am 100% I see no sense in trying to get a 10% claim approved there is no advantage to it and there is nothing that reduces the ringing just an aggravating nuisance all the time

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Testvet - I recommend they file a claim for it, even if 100%, as a way to open the door (via a new disability) to the VA life insurance, offered earlier but not picked up at thaat time. It's probably the easiest to get approved. jmo

pr

Guest terrysturgis

Hoppy,I am 10% Tinnitus and 0% hearing loss but SC. I was Arty in Viet Nam. When I filed my claim I had an opinion from an outside Audiologist saying "as likely as not". The decision for Tinnitus and hearing loss showed the fact that between my entrance exam and my exit exam I did experience hearing loss. Claim approved.

As far as MOS being considered presumptive I would say that it is considered but you need to prove nexus and the evidence need to win my claim was in my SMR's. Take care. Terry Sturgis

• HadIt.com Elder

philip smart idea

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."