Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dealing With A Letter To Propose To Reduce - Lflint33

Rate this question

Lflint33

Question

Hello everyone I need to find out the best way to deal with a letter to reduce my rating from 100 % to 90 % . I was 70 % for Depressive disorder secondary to chronic low back pain and now they want to drop it to 50 % . My back hurt me all the time it has not got better and my Dr at the Va has my gaf a 50 since 2004 and I go to Q T C and he give me a 51 gaf and said I was not cooperative and he noted I occasional difficulty have problems performing daily living and this is not true.

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

They tried this with me in 2006 also. I immediately filed an NOD and requested a personal hearing. They based their proposed reduction on 1 five minute QTC exam. I got an IMO and long story short, I kept my % and didn't have to go to a personal hearing. DJ8 :)

Thank you all I will be at the VARO San Diego today with a letter requesting a personal hearing because I have not got any better. My back is 60 % and under 5293 that is as high as it could go. I go to all my DR. Appt and yes I do have on going treatment for my back and the depression and also my ortho Dr. at the V A put in his notes my back has progressivly got worse since 1986 when I hurt it and he said he anticipate it will relentlessly progressive affliction. Also I'm service connected for my lungs and now this is getting worse but they can't find out why and this is causing me a great deal of depression I told the Q T C Dr.Yes the Q T C Dr. was a real shrink. Like I said before my shrink at the V A has my gaf at 50 since June 4 2004 and he has had me on all kind of sike med from the start and I still take them and they don't work. He has told me time after that until they can control my back pain what he is treating me for will never get better. I don't understand I go see this clown one time and he give me a 51-55 gaf score. John 999 I am 41.I don't think they looked at my entire medical history because if my back is causing the problem and it hurt all the time and I can't sleep and do all the thing's I use to then how did I get any better. Berta yes my 100 is extraschedular and yes I get consistent treatment and medication for my back and for depression, also my back rating can't go any higher and yes he did note I have occasional difficulty performing daily living and I told him I have problems daily and my pain is always 8-9-10. I would like to add this to the DR. did not understand me that well and I did not understand him either. He told me on the way out don't worrie I agree with your treating Dr.

Lflint33 - thanks for sharing your story with us.

Could someone tell me who or what QTC is? I don't use the VA system and the only VA doc I've ever seen was a contract psychologist who conducted my C&P exam.

Thanks,

TS

• HadIt.com Elder

QTC http://www.qtcm.com/

The current head of VA Sec Peake was the CEO of QTC. They have a mixed reputation as to what they are up to but some Vets said they got an ok exam and many say no.

My experience with outside medical exams is mixed some good and some real bad but I did not have to deal with QTC.