Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does -1 New Message Mean?

Rate this topic

tssnave

I sometimes send and receive private messages about claims processing through hadit messages which shows up on the maroon line at the top of the page and also opens a message window when I come to hadit.

However, right now, I am showing "-1 New Message" which makes no sense to me.

I have opened and read all email that I have actually gotten.

Does this mean I have somehow missed a message? How does somebody get a negative one message?

Please clarify (and if anyone's written me an email and I haven't replied I would assume you are my "-1 New Message" I can't find).

Thanks,

TS Snave

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

when you click on the 1 new message it takes you to your private message inbox, so you see one new message and then when you check no new messages is that correct?

I sometimes send and receive private messages about claims processing through hadit messages which shows up on the maroon line at the top of the page and also opens a message window when I come to hadit.

However, right now, I am showing "-1 New Message" which makes no sense to me.

I have opened and read all email that I have actually gotten.

Does this mean I have somehow missed a message? How does somebody get a negative one message?

Please clarify (and if anyone's written me an email and I haven't replied I would assume you are my "-1 New Message" I can't find).

Thanks,

TS Snave

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Tbird,

This is the oddest thing. To answer your question "when you click on the 1 new message it takes you to your private message inbox, so you see one new message and then when you check no new messages is that correct?"

NO, that is not correct in this situation, though how you describe it is how it generally works. I was showing -1 new message as in I had a negative one new message which made no sense to me why it would have the minus sign in front of it. I did not have 1 new message, I had -1 new message. All of my email had been opened.

Thinking maybe there was some sort of system error, I sent myself a message and DID NOT OPENED IT and it showed "0 new messages" even though I hadn't opened it so clearly, since I really have 1 new message and it showing I had 0 new messages the counter is somehow off. This is really odd to me.

I then opened the message to see if I would again get the -1 New Message but it is still showing as 0 New Messages so I am hopeful my little exercise of sending myself a message and opening it squared away the problem.

Would you please send me a test message so I can see how the counter is functioning now?

Thanks,

TS Snave

• Founder

i pm'd you so we'll see if it has cleared it itself up.

Tbird,

This is the oddest thing. To answer your question "when you click on the 1 new message it takes you to your private message inbox, so you see one new message and then when you check no new messages is that correct?"

NO, that is not correct in this situation, though how you describe it is how it generally works. I was showing -1 new message as in I had a negative one new message which made no sense to me why it would have the minus sign in front of it. I did not have 1 new message, I had -1 new message. All of my email had been opened.

Thinking maybe there was some sort of system error, I sent myself a message and DID NOT OPENED IT and it showed "0 new messages" even though I hadn't opened it so clearly, since I really have 1 new message and it showing I had 0 new messages the counter is somehow off. This is really odd to me.

I then opened the message to see if I would again get the -1 New Message but it is still showing as 0 New Messages so I am hopeful my little exercise of sending myself a message and opening it squared away the problem.

Would you please send me a test message so I can see how the counter is functioning now?

Thanks,

TS Snave

Tbird

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Tbird,

Well, it's still screwy. Your pm is still in my inbox, unopened, yet I am showing "0 new messages".

Plus, when I come on hadit your new message did not pop up on the screen like it usually does.

Betty sent me a pm before you did which I opened and replied to thinking that would square it away but no such luck.

This is the strangest thing. If I didn't get email notification of you sending me the test PM I would not know it when I went to hadit since the message doesn't pop up on the screen and it shows 0 New Messages.

As the system admin can you fix this? I have no idea how it got broken I just noticed the -1 New Message the other night and it doesn't seem to want to resolve itself.

Let me know if you want me to open your pm, I left it unopened so you could see my counter showing 0 New Messages when in fact there's one from you sitting in my inbox unopened.

Weird.

Thanks,

TS

• Founder

this sounds like a problem for tech support and i'll send them an email and see if they can assist

Tbird,

Well, it's still screwy. Your pm is still in my inbox, unopened, yet I am showing "0 new messages".

Plus, when I come on hadit your new message did not pop up on the screen like it usually does.

Betty sent me a pm before you did which I opened and replied to thinking that would square it away but no such luck.

This is the strangest thing. If I didn't get email notification of you sending me the test PM I would not know it when I went to hadit since the message doesn't pop up on the screen and it shows 0 New Messages.

As the system admin can you fix this? I have no idea how it got broken I just noticed the -1 New Message the other night and it doesn't seem to want to resolve itself.

Let me know if you want me to open your pm, I left it unopened so you could see my counter showing 0 New Messages when in fact there's one from you sitting in my inbox unopened.

Weird.

Thanks,

TS

Tbird

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use