Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Claim...c & P Exam...

Rate this question

Cherie33

Question

Hi Everyone,

I called the VA today to check the status of my IU claim and I was told that my file will be sent to the rating board and then they will schedule an Exam for me at the nearest VA hospital.

You know I have never been good at those exams, and wanted to know if anyone had some advice as to what I should do once in front of this examiner (whom isn't on my side!).

I am claiming TDIU for my Major Depressive Disorder w/ psychotic features and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) (Combined rating of 70%) I have also been deemed "Not Feasible" for gainful employment by my Vocah Rehab counseler.

How do you win (I'm not sure if that is the correct word) a C & P Exam? I guest that's what they call it even if I am being evaluated for TDIU.

Any advice would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Cherie33

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Cherie, i hope the very best for you and I'm sure all will turn out fine.Please do keep me posted as I'm going down the same path. Regards, William N

william

Yes, Rick's advice of being truthful is the best advice. I hate to be straight forward with my grunt advice but if you are depressed, make sure you are depressed when you are there. Does that make any sense?? Be relax but we sure don't want any misunderstanding that can contradict your claim. In addition, a reminder on your appearance and grooming can be recorded as evidence.

Good luck.

• Founder

you may find the following helpful

Compensation and Pension Exams Do's and Don'ts

Successful Claims

A Veterans Benefits Raters View

Mental Disorders (Except Initial PTSD and Eating Disorders) Compensation and Exam Worksheet

hope this helps out

Hi Everyone,

I called the VA today to check the status of my IU claim and I was told that my file will be sent to the rating board and then they will schedule an Exam for me at the nearest VA hospital.

You know I have never been good at those exams, and wanted to know if anyone had some advice as to what I should do once in front of this examiner (whom isn't on my side!).

I am claiming TDIU for my Major Depressive Disorder w/ psychotic features and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) (Combined rating of 70%) I have also been deemed "Not Feasible" for gainful employment by my Vocah Rehab counseler.

How do you win (I'm not sure if that is the correct word) a C & P Exam? I guest that's what they call it even if I am being evaluated for TDIU.

Any advice would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Cherie33

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Thanks so much for the feedback and assistance Tbird...Cherie ,were running parallel, on the path too the C&P examiner..I too was told today[march 31st]by IRIS that i would be contacted. A portion of my claim is for PTSD[personal trauma,hostage]..MDD, as either primary or secondary too the PTSD..Please keep me posted and informed..Peace, William N

william