Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

i thought the words might be a bit dark, perhaps white would be better, i am putting together a list of stuff we may want to change and i'll put the text color on the list.

TBird on the Sound "Thanks", on the Wording in the Picture.

Very hard to read the blue on dark background. Color Change? White or off white with DS (Drop shadow)?

Also U might want to take a survey and see how many on Dial up. If over 50% (I doubt it) it will be too much for them and result in time out.

Me I am BB

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

8826kpbs

Not complaining here mind. I assume the problems I experienced are on my end.

But just as an FYI- I'm on clunky old rural dial up and it took a couple of minutes to load and my computer jammed up and had to reconnect.

As for sound, I hate having a coputer make noise at me so I always leave the sound turned off anyway so cannot comment. I think having it set to only play once in 24hrs is a great idea.

The grahpics are excellent and the arrangement of the information is, as others have noted, very functional.

Durn good job. Thanks for the efforts.

I love the sound track and the image of the SSG in a good old fashion "steel pot". I never liked thoes new ones....

I really like the page, although the sound startled me when it came on. I had my speakers up too high, I guess, and wasn't expecting it.

Well done.

Guest Dataman

Some Wild Thoughts:

Hadit main page with 3 links

Main Page for Dial up (no sound, no pics)

Main Page with Everything (sound, pics)

Main Page no Sound

Let them choose which one is their home page then.

Lettering still too dark to make out without trouble (hey could be me I guess too, but I do have 22" LCD and Large Type on it too and my glasses on)

Still sound bugs me, LOUD and has me reaching for Volumn Control yet again. It's out of reach too with KB in lap and in chair.

Also your Txt msg needs to be aligned to the left or right or centered. That bugs me way it is now. Personally I would like each one to fade out and the next fade in so it's bigger. I don't know if possible.

http://webdesign.about.com/od/sound/a/aa080607.htm

Know your audience. If you don't have a pressing need to use sound, then you probably shouldn't. And remember that even though you might feel that your spa Web site needs the same background music that they would get when they come in for a facial, the reality is that your customers are probably at work when they visit your site. And sound is an immediate indication that they are not looking up the latest projections on GDP in Patagonia. Most customers immediately hit the back button when they come to a site with auto-play background music.

• Founder

i've added these to my list i'm compiling suggestions but it will probably be a few months to i get to all of them, this input is very helpful for me thanks for taking the time.

Some Wild Thoughts:

Hadit main page with 3 links

Main Page for Dial up (no sound, no pics)

Main Page with Everything (sound, pics)

Main Page no Sound

Let them choose which one is their home page then.

Lettering still too dark to make out without trouble (hey could be me I guess too, but I do have 22" LCD and Large Type on it too and my glasses on)

Still sound bugs me, LOUD and has me reaching for Volumn Control yet again. It's out of reach too with KB in lap and in chair.

Also your Txt msg needs to be aligned to the left or right or centered. That bugs me way it is now. Personally I would like each one to fade out and the next fade in so it's bigger. I don't know if possible.

http://webdesign.about.com/od/sound/a/aa080607.htm

Know your audience. If you don't have a pressing need to use sound, then you probably shouldn't. And remember that even though you might feel that your spa Web site needs the same background music that they would get when they come in for a facial, the reality is that your customers are probably at work when they visit your site. And sound is an immediate indication that they are not looking up the latest projections on GDP in Patagonia. Most customers immediately hit the back button when they come to a site with auto-play background music.