Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu (70%) Mst

Rate this topic

kris

Thanks you hadit for helping me win TDIU.

First of all I think its a good time to tell the members here on hadit that I am a female veteran which I have never disclosed before because of trust issues. The trust issues were not with hadit members but I never knew if the regional offices looked at this site.

My orginal claim was for MST. I had four major events happen within a 14 month period while in the military and I only reported the first one. After I reported my first MST all hell broke loose and altered my military career and life for ever. I was a very easy target for 3 other assualts after. I was just a young girl 21 years old at the time of my first assault and pretty much viewed the world through rose colored glasses before I joined the military and also the first year and half I was in the military.

As some of you know from my past post when I filed for TDIU, my SO filed for PTSD when I was already SC 50% for MDD and panic attacks. I knew better because of what I read on hadit but I figured he knew what he was doing. Wrong. This SO also read my psych VA records in front of me until I was so uncomfortable I had to leave. I did not learn until later that my psych records were really none of his business.

This same So also told me that with a gaf score of 38 I would never win my claim because a 38 gaf score meant my problems were congentital(sp) since birth and not from the military. I changed service officers this last january to a female SO. Best move I ever made. She wrote the VA on my behalf. My new service officer knew the SO I just left and said he did not belong in his position because he belived that women do not belong in the military to this day.

I think it is important for all of you to know that I did not file a claim with the VA until 28 years after I got out of the military. Why? Because I did not know I was considered a veteran. I thought as many women do that a veteran was a male that was in combat.

There are only 3 million people in the state I live in. Out of the 3 million people there are 24,000 female veterans that live in my state. The first female veteran summit was held in my state a few months ago. It was supposed to be huge, but only 160 female veterans showed up and alot of them were speakers. There were huge signs all over the place that said "WOMEN ARE VETERANS TOO". And alot of the topics were about how women do not know they are veterans. The reason that the summit turn out was so small was that there was not enough money in the VA budget to advertise and reach female veterans.

I know that I am all over the place on this post. But I think it is important that you know why I did not file for 28 years.

The VA Regional Office sent me to 5 cp exams in 6 months.

I thank each and everyone of you for your knowledge, wisdom, and most of all your kindness and understanding of a veteran heart.

You saved me many time through not only your words to me but your words to others.

God Bless all of you on hadit and God speed on your claims.

Kris

P.S. I still do not know what 70% TDIU up to 100% means

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats on your win!!!!

Your rating means that you are service connected (I'm guessing MDD) and rated at 70%, but you will be receiving the 100% pay rate because you are considered Totally Disabled due to Individual Unemployability (TDIU). You are unemployable because of your service connected condition(s), but your sc'd conditions do not warrant a 100% rating per the criteria.

I never knew that female veterans had such a plight. Of course you ALL are veterans! You put on the uniform, went through all the training, and served your country just like me, and any other man here on Hadit. I wish I were in a position to help correct this situation.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Congratulations for service-connecting your military traumas. I'm not sure from your post if your SC issue(s) are MDD, MST or PTSD; all are potentially serviced connected mental disorder claims.

I do want to say, with great compassion, that your claim sounds so much like my own . . . The VA does NOT reach out to women veterans! I had exactly the same handicap to overcome in seeing myself as a woman vet. When my first ever VSO said I wasn't even a veteran (after 6 years service), I belived him! My MST gave me such poor self esteem that I wasn't able to file a claim for some 12 years after discharge.

I am glad you won the fight and sorry for what you, and many others have to endure with the VA. ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

I'll post the regs tomorrow on 70% TDIU.

It's a good strong rating because the VA will not reduce your 100% comp. pay unless they can prove you are gainfully employed.

~Wings

Guest terrysturgis

My daughter is deaf in one ear and the other one is bad enough for a hearing aid. Fully documented in her SMR's but I can not get her to file a claim. I think it is because her husband is career.

Kris, in my opinion the system is not friendly to either gender but it is extreemly hard on women Veterans. Congrats! A victory hard won. Terry Sturgis

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use