Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing For Increase Of Benefits.

Rate this question

Gulfvet

Question

I am filing for an increase of my benefits. My primary physician wants to schedule me for MRI of my Back. When I go to the VA physical exam, will they give me a new MRI or use the results from this one?

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Oh, okay. Well, keep us posted. It's crazy with the VA. I know that x-rays were requested at my separation. Since the laws, provisions and regulations have change a few times in the past 10 years, I think the radiographic evidence would be necessary to determine exactly what the cause of your back pain is. I think the VA is being a lot more careful about that these days. Remember, you can always disagree with their decision (NOD).

Edited by luvHIM

Oh, okay. Well, keep us posted. It's crazy with the VA. I know that x-rays were requested at my separation. Since the laws, provisions and regulations have change a few times in the past 10 years, I think the radiographic evidence would be necessary to determine exactly what the cause of your back pain is. I think the VA is being a lot more careful about that these days. Remember, you can always disagree with their decision (NOD).

So, what is the reason for the ETS physical? Isn't it part of the medical record?

I fought the VA for 4 years over back issues. If it was not for my primary care physcian at the VA ordering a MRI I would have never won my claim. I would not sweat it. The can tell from a MRI how long its been. I only had one mention in my service records for a back problem. My QTC exam said as lest as likely or not. So iwas serviced connected.

jim

I am into five year of fighting with the VA for an increase WITH medical evidence in my SMR and I am already service connected. So, like I said, with the VA it is anybody's guess how things will turn out. But without radiographic evidence, I can't think of a physician who make a statement like "...as least as likely as not..." without some sort of proof to support his/her opinion.

The purpose of the ETS physical is to assess your medical condition upon separation from the military. It is the time to indicate whatever you believe to be your issues. The probelm sometimes can be that our ETS physical (form we complete) doesn't always match up to our SMR. So, its weight is not always considered probative.