Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

" Rater" Going Crazy With My File From Bva?

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well stupid is as stupid does. That is me!

Just got off the telephone with my rep.

He has finally, " according to him" been allowed to see my file

"as it is being rated".

Said the Rater just may send me for another C&P for rating purposes.

I will absolutely not go for another C&P.

I will give it all up first. I will not go in that place for a third time in 4 years.

The Judge just made his decision from the BVA March 8, 2008.

Can the VA do this to me ?

He said with the GAF of 40

those two quack psychiatrist gave me

I may be declared " Incompetent."

What can they do to me next because of this retro?

I can't take anymore.

Betty

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Josephine- this is outrageous- I thought you would post here any day now that you got your Well Deserved Retro! and I cant wait to see your thing on the left hand side say 100% !!!!!!

The VA is fooling around with Extraordinary awards! I mentioned this in a prior post here to you when you won- I hoped with all my heart that they would NOT pull this crap on you----

It is here today somewhere and at VA Watchdog-I posted the link from Feb I think it was-

we have had vets fight the incompetency crap and some like it-

when SSA said my husband was incompetent but he could appeal that he told the SSA woman he liked it-for some vets it is a good protection but Heck-you arent incompetent- how could you have spent all these years working on your claim if you were incompetent!

It doesnt mean a hill of beans Josephine and we all know you are fully competent!

But I think this is absolute bull s--- that VA is starting to pull -

sending extraordinary large awards down to the C & P dopes,because of that old fart Daniel Cooper- the former under Secretary's bright last minute idea before he booked outta there-, and by declaring competent vets incompetent so they have to fight that, and by basically staving on what they owe deserving veterans like you.

I am so angry I could spit Josephine- this is NOT fair-

I truly believe that the VA is waiting for many of us to die and none of you better die -just for spite-!

Please calm down Josephine (or tell me too) I am just livid about this-

then again Josephine- does this rep have anything on paper at all to back this up- what he told you?

This might well be another case of a vet rep talking through his ---.

GEEEEZ -I guess I better add to the IMO criteria I posted here that your IMO doc better state you all are competent to handle your own finances right in the IMO.

And I bet the VA probably already stated that in some past C & P BS too that Josephine here is competent.So how could she become incompetent just because she won her claim ?

Josephine--- Betty---- dear 100% SC disabled veteran-if you have to take a little more crap from them you will be able to do it-you will-you will show them you can.

We are here to support you and you are going to get through this!

How much more would it cost you (maybe it would be free?)to get the wonderful IMO doctor you had to declare you as completely competent before they even think about some dumb additional C & P?

That might shut them up and get them to send you the money-YOUR Money!

This is awful and completely unfair!

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Here is the older post I made on this:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...amp;#entry84072

Ironically I copied Stratford for the Petition of Mandamus I am helping Blue Water Navy to prepare-

and again read all this about Cooper's idea-it isnt even a reg!

And I never dreamed this would affect you Josephine-

and maybe there is someway around it all-

any statement from a real doctor-like your IMO doc- that you are competent and even any proof that you handle bills etc- would help stave this all off----

it is one more outrage from the very system you all paid for by your service.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

I ask Dr. Crowley if I was considered incompetent in his office, as he had me signed all the financial papers and he said," Absolutely no!"

This is his statement from his Independent Medical Opinion. I was with him in his office for 3 hours.

Mental Status Examination: Mrs. xxxx presented in my office as a pleasant, cooperative white female,

appearing about her stated age of 63. She was in good contact with the examiner,

understood the purpose of this examination - independent evaluation, regarding veterans benefits -

and gave permission for me to write this report.

She was well oriented for time, place and person.

There was no abnormality of thought process or content. She spoke of having had much difficulty with anxiety and

depression over many years.

She reports she had no psychiatric difficulties whatsoever prior to military service.

Her file contains records related to her Honorable Discharge due to unsuitability regarding emotional difficulties.

She spoke of chronic anxiety with depression over the years.

She became emotionally labile and tearful as she described some of her experiences in the service and feeling like a disgrace upon leaving the military.

She has panic attacks, fear of driving a vehicle, fear of the unknown,

fear of heights and water, white -coat syndrome, headaches,

dreams of the stairs leading to the pool.

She has night terrors and is desperately trying to get her husband to wake her up.

She sleeps about 6 hours a day, but states this does not harm her much;

her hands stays visibly wet and becomes wetter as she talks about her service time.

There were some memorable upsetting experiences in her Navy service including a near drowning, etc.

She has never bee able to have any gainful employment for any substantial time since the military

and had to give up and seek veterans compensation in 1978.

She last worked part time in 1983.

What else do they want from me?

Thanks,

Betty

You have fought long and hard for this award. If they give you a C&P go, don't let them win in the end.

Tell the ???'s that you fought this for years and managed to win, how could anyone think that a person who has the ability to fight the VA and win be incompetent. Being depressed and anxious has nothing to do with incompetency.

While this may not be the proper thing to do I would most certainly call my Congressionman and Senator.

I am so sorry they are pulling this crap on you. Best wishes and just know in the end you'll get the money.

When your on that expensive vacation bathing in luxury, send the rater a post card.

Ruby

• HadIt.com Elder
You have fought long and hard for this award. If they give you a C&P go, don't let them win in the end.

Tell the ???'s that you fought this for years and managed to win, how could anyone think that a person who has the ability to fight the VA and win be incompetent. Being depressed and anxious has nothing to do with incompetency.

While this may not be the proper thing to do I would most certainly call my Congressionman and Senator.

I am so sorry they are pulling this crap on you. Best wishes and just know in the end you'll get the money.

When your on that expensive vacation bathing in luxury, send the rater a post card.

Ruby

Ruby,

Gee, it gets harder and harder with this system.

I have emailed Dr. Crowley, so he would know what they are trying to pull.

I am hoping he will offer to step in.

Every darn letter ever sent to the BVA came from me. My husband doesn't have time for this non-sense.

He may have 8 years of college and I never had the benefit, but guess who did his homework.

Always,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

Betty:

Please wait and see exactly what is going on and if you have to take another C&P you can always tell them to rate with the evidence that they have, I do think that after all of this that of it takes a C&P to save it you might reconsider after you have some time to get back

This in no way means I am saying I don't think this is outrageous.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.