Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denial For Mdd

Rate this question

fogcloud

Question

Am I out-of-luck? I got my denial for MDD today. Reason for denial is because it is not secondary to my PTSD. Well, I jumped into my files of each and every letter I have ever sent to the VARO related to my claim. Sure enough, I DID CLAIM IT AS SECONDARY TO MY PTSD!!! This is totally my fault and I have no idea why I put MDD under my secondary infirmities. Is there any thing I can do now? Can I just tell them I messed up in my claim? Or do I need to file an NOD? Or do I ask for a sit-down with the DRO? The VA doctor at the C&P said he agreed with my MDD. Hope someone has a good answer.

Fog

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

Was the decision from the VARO (Regional Office) or the BVA (Board of Veterans Appeals)?

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Wow!!! Thanks very much Josephine. Already cut and pasted into a word doc. I will be posting by the weekend with probably 3-5 pages of the decision attached. As far as the cause, it was the usual stuff: child abuse; sexual assualt; abandomemt (mother); etc.

Fog

Were you in combat or have combat awards? What was you stressor? The military is saying they enlisted you knowing you had PTSD, or that they did not detect it on enlistment? What proof do they have to your pre-existing PTSD. This is odd. How long were in service?

John999, I am a Vietnam Era vet. No combat. 4 years and 9 months (I re-uped for the bonus). I will post about 3-5 pages of this mess by the weekend. I am working on it. On the C&P exam for pre-service PTSD, the VA Doctor (PhD in Psychology with a real VA slant according to my VSO) verified what other psyhciatrists and psychologists have said. He said that not only did I have PTSD before service, but he also diagnosed my MDD as happening at the same time as the PTSD (before service). He did tell me that I probably would not win on PTSD berfore service, but noted that I did check "depression" on my Enlistment exam and he wondered why there was never a follow-up during my service.

Fog

If you do not mind, it might be helpful if you posted a verbatim of the actual wording they used in your denial letter.

Donews, I will post the decision as attachments by the weekend. I am working on it. Thanks.

Fog

Was the decision from the VARO (Regional Office) or the BVA (Board of Veterans Appeals)?

Stretch, it was from the VARO. I will be posting copies as attachments by the weekend. Thanks

Fog

• HadIt.com Elder
Wow!!! Thanks very much Josephine. Already cut and pasted into a word doc. I will be posting by the weekend with probably 3-5 pages of the decision attached. As far as the cause, it was the usual stuff: child abuse; sexual assualt; abandomemt (mother); etc.

fogcloud,

I have been been around the block and back with the VA.

Two Regional Offices

Non-service connected pension

BVA - Remanded

AMC SSOC - denial

Back to BVA - New and Material evidence allowed due to the discrepancies in my claims.

Granted service connection - 44 years after discharge .

This was accomplished by the research and support of the members of this site.

There isn't anything the VA has not tried to do to me to deny me benefits.

I have most all of the regulations in my letters to the BVA that I keep on my computer.

I shall await your weekend post.

Always,

Betty