Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssd, Tdiu, Iu, Still Confused

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

i ran into an old friend , also a vietnam vet, who works for ss. he too is 50%ptsd as i am. i told him of my nod for 10 more for tinnitiss. he asked for my ss # and c-file #, i hope thats okay. he said he'd check to see where i'm at in process. i'm trying to get tdiu, based on my problems concentrating on job because of ptsd i've hurt myself 3 times over past 2 years and afraid i may hurt others. i'm off work at present due to last injury. self employed. so i'm asking what if any order do you file for these different things. does it hurt to have ss look into your c-file? it felt good to have someone to talk to that understood my problems and he was the only other person i opened up to in40 years, other than a hour with my c&p examer. my son is due home from iraq for 3rd time in june so plase keep him in your prayers, and i hope he never has to deal with hadit if you know what i mean. thank you for all your help.

Kid Irish

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

If you applied for TDIU on the 21-8940 form and checked Box # 18 as Yes- the VA is supposed to send you an authorization form for the SSA records-

with your SSA in progress I feel they might have to wait for any potential SSA award to use that as evidence for your TDIU.

You seem to have work related injuries-

they might have been caused in some way by what you claim should be service connected-

but still-if these are on the job injuries the VA will not consider them as part of TDIU

You might well need to consider getting a Good Independent Medical Opinion that states with full medical rationale that you are unemployable due to service disability.

I pray your son gets home safely and I too hope he never has to deal with VA at all -

and if he does, he will not get the misery that many here have experienced.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Hello Terry and Berta, I just wanted to let you know that I filed for SSD. I had contacted a SS lawyer and they tried to help too. I was denied , not because of my diseases but because of not enough consecutive quarters. I am self employed and did not file self employement because of losses and the ups and downs of my seasonal businesses. I have a good cpa too however noone knows that you are getting ready to get sick and when it happens you can't cry over spilled milk. The VA always wants to know if you filed for SSA or SSD but if you are turned down only because of the quarters not earned then the VA really cannot use that against you as it has nothing to do with the diseases/injuries of a veteran. It is kind of a push in my case. Now when I get to age 62 I can file for SS as I have paid in over the last 40+ years. Terry , I personally feel that if you paid in at any time "its my money and I want it now." But Congress has worded the law so that they can use it but you can't. They hate to give you your money. If you know of something I missed as to how to get SSA or SSN with a law I am unfamiliar with please let me know. Terry, I am so proud of you and your hard work here at HADIT and for your son's service to Our Country . Prayers left at the throne of grace , AMEN. 'The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him and deliverth them." God Bless, C.C.