Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Continous Hearing In 30 Days!

Rate this question

Lady Chance

Question

I don't know where to start but here goes. I had my ALJ Hearing and had no Lawyer. The Lawyer I had was neglecting my case no comunication even wrote me not to call them they would call me. even got into a shouting match with Paralegal Unprofessional. Sec Soc try to get in touch with them and they never replied and I ask them not to represent anymore. They withdrew but expect to get payed if I get awarded. I believe if you help that person win their case and you go to the hearing and do paper work yes you deserve to get paid I have no objection about it but

They did not do anything to help my case and I found that out at my hearing.

The assistant ask me if I had any new evendence to add to my claim and if I wanted to see my file. I just had that feeling to bring my medical records but anyway my

file had not been up dated since March 2007 Wow! what was my Lawyer doing? and he has withdraw but still want to get payed for services they are not doing.

The assistant told me If I wanted to go ahead with the Hearing I had to sign papers saying I understand. I was also told because I brought in new medical records I could ask for a continous so the judge can look at new records one was the VA Rating that was 100% PT that they did not have. The assistant said the judge needs to see this. The Judge gave me a 30 Continous with or without a lawyer.

He said my case is 3yrs old and he wants to get it over with. I don't think I can

find a lawyer in time or would take the case because of other Lawyer I had. I really need some advice on how to get through this.

Thank Lady C

<_<

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'll venture to say this:

If you're 100% VA Service Connected then the likelyhood of them (Social Security Administration) turning you down is small. And, if the judge knows about the lack of legal representation, when you, in fact, thought you HAD legal representation, then he'll surely take that into consideration.

As far as you having to pay these leach......er, Lawyers, I'd just tell the judge what you've told us. He is the one that will assign the lawyers their portion of the award. Bet, when he finds out what is with these scums, that they won't get anything, unless it's a reprimand.

May G-d bless and keep you.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Larry and I would attend the hearing if I was able and I would also ask the Judge not to allow the worthless lawyer you had to be paid. However, since the fee is limited I would not get to bent if they did and I would file a complaint with Social Security no matter what happens.

Good Luck been awhile since I have seen you post and I hope that you are doing ok.

Thanks for your replies. Yes Pete I have not been feeling well. Been in and out of hospital. I just want to get through all of this. My anxiety level is at a all time high due to stress. The Judge thinks I lost it giving my lawyer the boot so close to the hearing, but I am not going to let the lawyer or his firm disrespect me any kind of way.

Lady C

I fired my attorney and ended up getting an On The Record Review without a hearing and was awarded SSD with back pay to 2004. This occurred in November 2005. So, keep your chin up! B)

I also agree with LarryJ. Take care of yourself!