Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fast Letter

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Isn't this telling me at any point the BVA Judges' decision can be over-turned?

The Fast Letter actually proscribes three levels of review for these EEDs and awards over $250,000. First, the rating officer makes a decision. If the decision involves a grant of an effective date 'retroactive eight or more years"'or results in a lump-sum payment of $250,000 or more, then it will be reviewed by the 'Post-Determination team' at the RO. Then it will be reviewed by the RO's Veterans Service Center Manager and finally by the C&P Service in Washington. At any stage of the review process the original decision could be changed.

Thanks

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Betty,

Yes, you read it right. Now, having said that, please don't borrow trouble and worry about this. Your claim has "special handling" on it and given this $250,000 is currently in court review I don't think they'll try to pull this on you. It is really bad press to award a vet what is rightfully theirs and then yank it back.

I am hopeful Berta or VAwatchdog.org will let us know when the court case on this $250,000+ retro review case is over and won on behalf of vets.

Hang in there,

TS

Thanks Tom,

This claim of mind reminds me of the days of being caught in a

wringer washing machine.

Press the release and hope for the best.

I will have to say, if they yank this away from me, then the

news media will come into play.

Altered records will finally be seen by all.

Thanks

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

I think since you will be getting such a large retro - it has kicked in every safety feature the VA has-

The compentence - to make sure they don't send a huge chunk of money to someone who can't handle it - to protecct both you and them

The review of the review - to make sure all the rules were followed, the correct standards applied, that the amount is figured appropriately - etc.

I don't think they could overturn the BVA decision. It looks like the fast letter just addresses effective date. And the BVA did not set the effective date - though they sent a pretty strong message that implied it should go back to the date of discharge.

It is actually possible that the Fast Letter could work in your FAVOR - it STARTS with the level of the least competent - and moves up. So it is even possible that the later reviews will grant you an earlier effective date than the locals did.

Free

Think Outside the Box!

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Be patient, you will get the desired results, this sounds like another VA ploy to delay, and deceieve.

• HadIt.com Elder
I think since you will be getting such a large retro - it has kicked in every safety feature the VA has-

I would just like for them to close the chapter soon on this claim.

The compentence - to make sure they don't send a huge chunk of money to someone who can't handle it - to protecct both you and them

As long as they purchase what I want with the money, I don't care if they write out the check.

The review of the review - to make sure all the rules were followed, the correct standards applied, that the amount is figured appropriately - etc.

As you said, this could be for the best.

I don't think they could overturn the BVA decision. It looks like the fast letter just addresses effective date. And the BVA did not set the effective date - though they sent a pretty strong message that implied it should go back to the date of discharge.

I hope that is it. I don't care if they add years.

It is actually possible that the Fast Letter could work in your FAVOR - it STARTS with the level of the least competent - and moves up. So it is even possible that the later reviews will grant you an earlier effective date than the locals did.

That is so true. Thanks and I will try to calm down.

Josephine

Free

• HadIt.com Elder
Be patient, you will get the desired results, this sounds like another VA ploy to delay, and deceieve.

I am working on being patient. Hard to do after so many years.

Thanks bunches!!

Isn't this telling me at any point the BVA Judges' decision can be over-turned?

The Fast Letter actually proscribes three levels of review for these EEDs and awards over $250,000. First, the rating officer makes a decision. If the decision involves a grant of an effective date 'retroactive eight or more years"'or results in a lump-sum payment of $250,000 or more, then it will be reviewed by the 'Post-Determination team' at the RO. Then it will be reviewed by the RO's Veterans Service Center Manager and finally by the C&P Service in Washington. At any stage of the review process the original decision could be changed. Get a Lawyer..........................

Thanks

Josephine

gdsnide