Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing In A Few Short Weeks!

Rate this question

souldeliverer

Question

I have another C&P this Saturday morning, for I am not sure what. I filed my NOD last week(against PTSD reduction to 70%), and asked for a DRO review. They called me and told me the DRO said to wait and see till after my hearing. Does this mean the DRO never looked at my case? I requested an SOC. Do they send this after the DRO review, or after the hearing?

I also requested a copy of my c-file when I turned in my NOD. I was told that my c-file was at the hospital, and it would take a couple months to get a copy of it. I told her it would make more sense if I could get it before my hearing, and she said I cannot.

I still have not heard back from the DAV at the VARO. I guess I am on my own on this one. I am calling their national headquarters tomorrow and threatening to call the local news, which also aires at Ft Campbell, and saying what a lousy organization they are.

I am asking for advise on how to prepare for my hearing. What to bring. What to expect is my main concern. How many people will I be in front of. Do they grill me? Will they grill my witnesses? Should I type up letters to give them, or present a speech? I am very nervous, and stressed out. Not eating or sleeping, pissed off all the time.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by souldeliverer

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I still have not heard back from the DAV at the VARO. I guess I am on my own on this one. I am calling their national headquarters tomorrow and threatening to call the local news, which also aires at Ft Campbell, and saying what a lousy organization they are.

I've read so many post about how bad the DAV is and I to am really disappointed in them, I have written several emails to them, never received a reply, called never got to talk to a real person. Maybe if everyone who has a problem with them would send them an email and place an article in their local paper they might change, but as I see it all they want is your life membership and then we will send you a magazine about how great we are and what all we do for veterans. Sgt D

Well said, SGT D, however, let's please not get too distracted by what I've said about the DAV. Please comment on the hearing process. This is my real concern at the moment.

Thanks.

PLEASE help. Hasn't anybody been to a hearing before? I searched old posts for hours before starting this new topic, and couldn't find the answers I am looking for.

Thanks.

I researched bva decisions and learned from them what to say and not to say. I read everything I could find regarding my disability. Educate yourself and that is the best defense you can have. Pull up Board of Veterans Appeals and then search decisions. Read and read. When I went before the judge I typed a detailed list of all my doctor appointments what was said by dates. Then I typed a page or two quoting regulation and decisions that pertained to my case and and referenced it to my doctor statements. I then typed a closing page explaining why I should be rated at the rate I requested. Have your medical records so you can reference them when talking to whoever. Read VA Sec 38 chap 4 and learned what is required for certain ratings. This helps alot. I would for sure use the Reasonable Doubt in your favor. I hope that helps. Vicky

• HadIt.com Elder

can you send me a copy of their proposal to reduce? Maybe I can help you determine the reasons for their proposal, and what would be necessary to turn it around. How long has your rating been in effect? If the rating has been in effect for 5 years, they cannot reduce you based on a single exam, and there are certain regs that they must quote to you in the proposal to reduce to fulfill there VCAA requirement. Have you been called in for a PTSD C&P recently?

You get an SOC after you file a NOD. I am not sure if they send one for an appeal of a proposal to reduce.