Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd.... 2 C&p Exams Scheduled?

Rate this question

Quint7

Question

I was just called to let me know that I have two C&P exams scheduled for my PTSD claim. One is for the "Social History" and the other is for the Doctor to review the Social History and I guess rate me.

I have looked at the exam worksheets but am confused.....

Do I bring stuff with me? Any idea what to expect at each one?

I have been diagnosed with PTSD by 2 different VA Docs, 2 VA Social workers and the Vet Center Social Worker that I see weekly (along with going to an anger management group at the Vet Center).

Any input from the board would be helpful. Thanks! Jason

oh, I just got my VCAA last week and haven't filled it in or sent anything. And I'm a combat vet from the 1st Gulf war, Combat Action Ribbon, declassified timeline of my unit (Task Force Ripper), some pics but none of dead guys.. oil smoke but no burned up Iraqi's.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Quint7,this is what i would do, go by the vamc (release of information office)and get your records where you was diagnose with ptsd and take them to your C&P and give them to the examiner, so he will know that you already been diagnose with ptsd,since you have CAR, that is your inservice stressor,and your medical notes will let he/she know that you are suffering from ptsd,and the c&p evaluation will determine that it is ongoing.Remember to get a ptsd rating you have to have three things going. (1) You have to be diagnose by a pyschiartist of a clinic psychologist,(2)You have to have the symptom/ (3) You have to have a inservice stressor (combat action ribbon).Believe me this will save you a lot of time.

Mobie

100% service connected for ptsd

Edited by mobie16r

I actually have all the records from the local VA so I am all set there. I also have a buddy letter that I submitted and I didn't think about it until I started searching, but I have a "float" book with pics of our entire time.... along with the pics I got from the guy who did the buddy letter (which is what kinda put me over the edge with all of this as I didn't even remember some of the stuff in the pics).

I haven't received any forms to fill out, just the VCAA that was totally "form letter".

I will work on my stressor letter just in case and see what they mail me along with the C&P notices.

Quint7 read this.

Service connection for post traumatic stress disorder

requires medical evidence establishing a clear diagnosis of

the disorder, credible supporting evidence that the claimed

in service stressor(s) actually occurred, and a link,

established by medical evidence, between current

symptomatology and the claimed in service stressor.

38 C.F.R. § 3.304(f) (1995).

Credible supporting evidence: Thats your combat action ribbon

Mobie 100% PTSD

Edited by mobie16r

Relax and be honest. Tell them about your worst days and how the traumatic event have effected your life. Tell them about the nightmares, anxiety, etc.

This is a very important medical for you to prove your case. I've been to so many of these. Again, tell them about all the bad things that is bothering you. The last thing you obviously want to do is talk about how happy you are because your grandson hit a homerun the other day or how the weather is so nice outside. Good luck.