VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ok So Here Is My Problem

Rate this question

Jack

Question

I am seventy percent with TDIU, the VA sent me a form last year to show I was not working the form is VA 21-4140 they claim they did not receive the first form mailed to them in June of 2007, so I sent a certified return receipt copy of VA 21-4140 the form mailed to them and the green card was received by them on 11-7-2007 today they claim the VA will reduce me to seventy percent and remove dependent care for failure to respond. A copy of this letter was sent to my POA who also was given a copy of my VA form 21-4140 at the same time the VA was mailed with a return receipt certified.

I am not sure what to do next; should I send them the same form that was mailed to the VA in November and signed by them or send them yet another form that they mailed to me I have always complied with the request for employment verification.

I think this is just another way to jerk the vet around! :blink:

Thanks for your help

Jack

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

THE VA here is doing the SAME., THAT was last december. I contacted my county service officer filed one -my power of ATTORNEY FILED ANOTHER (HAD DAV)-and also I filed the paper over the PHONE to YOUR veteran affairs office- SO i dont know which one they finally got .It seems they are doing SHODDY WORK or it seems ON PURPOSE>>>>

SO I REOPENED MY CLAIM __ AM WORKING ON ILLIMATING THE UNEMPLOYABILITY BY INCREASING MY DISABILITYS+++++

THEY OPENED THE DOOR_____

GOT A NEW 10% and the VA now pays for my !0,000 GOVERNMENT TERM INSURANCE_ NOW working on AO connection and OTHERS.

STEVE & PAT

Should start a QUESTIONAIRE to see how many

21-4140 EMPLOYMENT FORMS they have LOST??????

• HadIt.com Elder
I am seventy percent with TDIU, the VA sent me a form last year to show I was not working the form is VA 21-4140 they claim they did not receive the first form mailed to them in June of 2007, so I sent a certified return receipt copy of VA 21-4140 the form mailed to them and the green card was received by them on 11-7-2007 today they claim the VA will reduce me to seventy percent and remove dependent care for failure to respond. A copy of this letter was sent to my POA who also was given a copy of my VA form 21-4140 at the same time the VA was mailed with a return receipt certified.

I am not sure what to do next; should I send them the same form that was mailed to the VA in November and signed by them or send them yet another form that they mailed to me I have always complied with the request for employment verification.

I think this is just another way to jerk the vet around! :blink:

Thanks for your help

Jack

Jack,

I would have your Senator fax a copy of the June VA 21-4140 2007 form back to the "Director of the R.O" and a copy of

the green card. Proven receipt of form.

You may not live close to your Senator, but each has a toll free number and will be happy to hear from you.

They will allow you to fax to them all pertintent information and they in turn will fax it through for you.

On the front of your fax sheet, please be sure to place this same information under messages. Have your Senator ask

the Director why they have refused to acknowledge receipt of the form some almost a year ago.

Your local Employement Commisssion will fax information for you for free.

Believe me anything from your Senator with his Government Seal will be acknowledged that day.

He also can fax to the Director of your R.O whereas you can't.

This is what works for me.

Betty

Thank you Steve and Pat and Josephine

Here is the letter I just typed up and am sending it back to them please let me know what you think.

Veterans service center manager

Oakland Regional Office

1301 Clay Street

Ulrike Willimon:

Mr. Willimon:

Sir I would like to point out a few facts in my case in your letter dated April 14, 2008 you claim I did not respond to the form 21-4140 verification for continued unemployment.

I wish to point out that this has been requested twice before once in July of 2007, and returned to your office in Oakland on September 12, 2007, then again you sent a letter to California Veterans Affairs services office located at 1301 Clay street, Room 1130N dated November 2, 2007 and was forwarded onto me a copy is enclosed for your review.

At this time when I received the second letter from my VSO I sent into the Department of Veterans Affairs a certified registered return receipt letter with form 21-4140 requested it was delivered to Department of Veterans Affairs at 1301 Clay Street Room 1300n Oakland California 94612. Date of Delivery was November 7, 2007 and signed for by A E Kent a VA agent. With tracking number 7007 0710 0000 8479 0844 Enclosed for your review are a copy of the United States Postal Service form 3811, and a copy of the receipt showing how much was paid, as well the tracking number that can be looked up on the internet from the USPS web page. http://www.usps.com/

Enclosed you will find the new form 21-4140 that you requested as well the copy of form 21-4140 that was mailed to your office in September and November of 2007 with tracking numbers and receipts attached.

I trust this is all that you have requested

David Jack

• HadIt.com Elder

I might hand deliver that employment verification form to the VA in person and get a date stamped copy. That reminds me that I should call and make sure they got my employment verification form. These guys could lose the Titanic in a bathtub.

I have been rated since 1991 effective date so I have been with my great uncle for 17 years. Funny thing I filed in 1975 and was denied as they said I had a personality disorder non ratable it was not until I filed again in 1991 that I had to prove that I did not have what they termed a personality disorder nine years later the check came in, I have been advised to just let everything alone since I was awarded seventy percent. Maybe it is time to go and re-look at my file and push for 100 %

Thanks every one for your help

Jack

• HadIt.com Elder

Jack

I got the same personality disorder thing back in 1971, but I was also rated 10% for a nervous condition at the same time. I was low balled since I could not even go out of the house for months. I was in the VA hospital for two weeks before I got the 10%. I went from 10% to 30% to 70% to IU over a period of about 30 years.

That low ball rating is the subject of my CUE. You might just look at the old decision denying you SC based on the PD diagnosis. They did this to thousands of guys so you are not alone. Our own Betty was given that diagnosis and it took her 44 years to get it thrown out. This was and is a conspiricy to deprive vets of just compensation. Your case is not just a accident. I believe it was a policy just to save money.