VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Philippines Us Va Clinic Manila

Rate this topic

I live in the Philippines and use our VA clinic in Manila and yes we do have a US VA clinic in Manila for those that did not know. I am a 100% PNT vet and diabetic but not service connected for it and may or may not reopen my file to get it connected.

The clinic here will give me all my meds even if there not service connected but not any prostecics to go with it. So they have denied giving me a Blood Glucose Meter for that reason. :lol: I have had two very low sugars since taking the insulin they have given me since I do not know my blood sugar levels when injecting the insulin and have only injected what was precribed by my primary care physican.

My beef is that they say it is a local VA directive that they go by here and use local contractors to give them the meters. I don't understand why I could allways get a meter in the States and not here. I have been told by them to go out and by one on the local economy which is about tripple what they cost in the States.

Help In the PI

David :lol:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well david i live here also... and they will give you NOTHING if they can get away with it... take chapter 35 here a full time student gets 440 dollars a month.. even though foreigner students have to pay double to attend and then there is a fee to stay here and another fee to be a student.. they do it because they can.. i was suppose to get a surgery in portland oregon before i moved here but they were short doctors or table time so they said take care of it when you get to the philippines well here they said... you dont need the surgery but if you want to go back to portland to get it that is up to you..

Might be living in Cebu...I have heard that they will pay for you to fly to the VA from Cebu, etc..on a yearly exam...any other information can you supply ?

Thanks

well they are getting tougher on this.. but yes they will for your yearley check up they will pay airfare and a set fee for lodgeing but you will spend the DAY there mostly waiting in this line and then that line... usually you are there 3 to 4 hours for blood work and pee in the cup etc... I have some advise for you as i live in cebu... read harry the horse april ... a chilling story about what happens if you get arrested here.... remember midnight express...