Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No C&p Exam

Rate this question

windy city

Question

I was just wandring, is the VA not doing any more c&p exam for claims? A while ago I put in a claim and it denied so I went ahead and filed a NOD, today I recieaved a letter from the VA asking if I wanted to resolve my claim through a DRO or a regular or the traditional way. This is the second time this is happened to me were they do not send me to have a c&p exam for my claim. Has anybody been through this or this is the new way of the VA processing claims.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was just looking through everything when I happened on this post. Thanks, Ricky...for sure.

Windy City, there is a form that you can complete but I'm not sure of the number at this exact moment. I will look and get it to you. Once you have completed this form, send it in to your local RO or where ever your C-File is maintained. They have to respond within a specified amount of time. So, once you file your NOD requesting a DRO hearing put in your request for the complete copy of your C-File. I figure the mailroom or triage is about a week to two in sorting so your NOD request For a DRO hearing should already been in the file by then.

Edited by luvHIM

I was just looking through everything when I happened on this post. Thanks, Ricky...for sure.

Windy City, there is a form that you can complete but I'm not sure of the number at this exact moment. I will look and get it to you. Once you have completed this form, send it in to your local RO or where ever your C-File is maintained. They have to respond within a specified amount of time. So, once you file your NOD requesting a DRO hearing put in your request for the complete copy of your C-File. I figure the mailroom or triage is about a week to two in sorting so your NOD request For a DRO hearing should already been in the file by then.

I am going to take my chances with a DRO, I feel that is my best chance. When to talk about my c-file do you mean a copy of my medical records or a file that the RO keeps with all my claims. I am confused on this c-file.