Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Response

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

:lol: I put in a claim in Feb. 14th VA sent me a Iris saying my cliam was processed with a date of March 6th and will take up to a year!!

Anyone else getting this? Why are they stating a year for a claim now I thought it was supposed to be getting better! Is this just a stalling move so the vet will not bother to call or Iris or is it really taking a year??

Goodluck with your claims, Stillhere :lol:

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Some people don't have an answer before two years. This is the price we are all paying for every vet who stubbed his toe filing a claim, and for inept employees at the VARO's.

90%, TDIU P&T

I have heard horror stories before of claims taking an ungodly time but this is the first ime I have evergot a Iris coming right out and predictiing at least a year! My last claim for my heart increase filed in April 07 and awarded and compensated Dec.07 Maybe you are right I am a lucking one just hope I am stillhere.

Good luck with your claims, Stillhere

Better? oh no- it is getting worse-

Richard Lepley-attorney for VA regarding the veterans lawsuit in San Francisco- stated in deposition or opening statements recently-regarding that case that there are now 838,000 claims in the system.

One of my claims has been at the Buffalo VARO for over 5 years.

3 IMos and other considerable evidence in support-

Only one statement of my evidence has ever been considered-

it regarded a medical symbol in the med recs.

The VA's interpretation of it was wrong.

I use Merck and all other medical texts such as MediLexicon-the same ones the VA uses.

Other then that statement NONE of my medical evidence has ever been addressed.

This claim has been with a DRO since Oct 2007.

Filed Feb. 2003.

Another claim I filed in 2003 has never received a decision at all although the VSM promised me 2-3 times in writing that a decision would be made.

I was also promised VCAA letter in 2006 on other claims I have there-they havent arrived.

BTW these are not what I call pimple on butt claims-

I have filed fully valid and probative claims. Two (CUES)a lawyer is handling-

Then with a proper resolve of my AO claim and the CUE claims my other issues which VA has never addressed yet anyhow are render moot.

I do agree with you that there sure are claims in the system that have no basis or validity at all.

It makes me sick to read long renditions from the BVA when they had to thoroughly address countless issues some vets claim finding in many cases that the veteran-who might have made claim to over a dozen or more issues- had no basis for filing any of them.

It isnt just veterans- I have gotten from one of my vet orgs- some absolutely ridiculous widow's claims-

Still -I think 99 % of all claims are valid-and the VA has created the backlog by violating the VCAA, by -as the 2005 OIG report states- by not taking adequate time to process each claim-and by having our vet reps stand by and do nothing-in some cases- to actually represent the veteran.

My Rep in 2005- acted like my IMO of 2004 was the first IMO he had ever seen.

He said he was sure he would walk out of a DRO conference with an award based on the IMO and other info he had.

The resulting SSOC said he never even brought up my IMO nor anything else at all to support my claim.

If you fully comply with the VCAA letter as to what it says the VA still needs, and you respond with the VCAA election notice- you might be able to get a decision in a year or more.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta,

I know about your troubles with the VA over the years and find in disgraceful. My next question to you is if something happens to you and the claim has not be decided to it just close? sounds like they are waiting a lot of us out. The VA knows damn well I will be lucking to reach the age of 65 with all my conditions!

The Irs responces are getting rather mean spirited too if you ask. Read below:

All claims submitted while an active claim is running are processed together. I answered your question pertaining to your hearing loss claim. the date given is when the claim was established in the system. Please read my response thoroughly and read the letter sent by VA last month. If you have problems understanding anything you may want to contact a Service Organization Representative to assist you

(DAV, AMVETS, VDVS,etc). We cannot further explain what has already been said.

If you have additional questions please call 1-800-827-1000.

Sincerely,

And you are right the VSO officer I use just says sit tight and let them process the claim. My original question was if they had reopened my cliam based on the new audiologist test and IMO that I sent them. All they say in their answer is we are working your cliam and it will take a year. Hell that does not tell me squat. Sorry I am getting a little worked up.

But I deal with people everyday and if I am asked a question I get the answer for them. I don't tell them in a round about way I answer the damn question yes or no!!

Stillhere

Good question:

"My next question to you is if something happens to you and the claim has not be decided to it just close?"

All veterans and widows who fall under auspices of Nehmer- which will hopefully include all BWNVs after Haas wins- if it does-

with claims pending- have a Next of kin criteria that VA has to follow.

In other words unlike all other types of claims- Nehmer provides for a Nehmer claim to continued to be adjudicated,and if awarded, to be paid to the claimant's next of kin.

Since the VA a few years ago granted widows the right to remarry after age 55 (I think( and also retain their full DIC benefits-this could even involve a new husband as next of kin- as well as any adult or underage children.

So they are not going to save any money if I croak while this claim is in process -they have to pay my next of kin.That would regard my CUE claims as well.

This is one reason the VA doesnt want more presumptives to go on the AO list nor do they want to recognize more AO vets such as Blue Waters, Thailand, Guam, etc etc vets exposed to AO.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Stillhere,

That IRIS reply is from Roanoke right? Last year I received couple of the the same type, wonder if it could be the same person? Have the copies of them. Please read my response thoroughly is the key phrase.

Boats