Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retribution After Filing Ftca Clain

Rate this question

otey2171

Question

I've been in severe pain for the last year after the VA attempted a spinal tap. I told them that I had a spinal tap in the past by a private doctor and that floroscopy (live xray)was used and that It was difficult even with xray, to perform the procedure.The private spinal tap was done on the first try. The VA doctor and nurses ensured me that there would be no problems. After 4 attempts without xray the doctor gave up and left the room. They left me on the table, I couldn't get up until my wife helped me up. For the next few hours I couldn't stand upright. During the procedure I kept getting sharp shooting pain down my right leg.

I've been in constant pain since the spinal tap. If I try to do any lifting or moving things I get to a point were I can't walk without holding on to something.

I'm scared if I make a claim against the VA I'll suffer retribution by either the VARO or the VAMC were I get treated.

Should I fear retribution by either?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I am fully convinced that a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) in 1979 is the culprit of my auto immune condition today. I further believe it is what led to my migraine headaches.

Tough call, especially with you already being 100% P&T. But, hey, you got to do what you believe is going to be in your best interest down the road.