Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab

Rate this question

Ryan H.

Question

I got the envelope that wet with what the 1800 number told me. I got a 80% combined rating.

I do not want TDUI or whatever it is. I want a career that I enjoy that can maybe reduce my mental problems and improve my quality of life.

I have filled out the Voc rehab form and I think I'm supposed to send it to the RO.

I have some questions about the process.

1) After i submit the form is it a lengthy process to get the first apointment?

2) How does the process work?

3) Can I pic what I know I want to do.

Here is what I'm wanting from this.

In the Marines I flew in Helicopters as a crew chief. Helicopter still make me a bit jumpy, but i associate some of my best and worse memories with flying while in the states. (Iraq is a different story).

I want to fly helo's for a living, I want to work for a company that maybe does tours or arial photagraphy.

There is a good state college here that offers a professional aviation degree and I think it would be best for me to go there. I would already have half of the required credits done due to me having an A&P license.

4) If i go through the Voc Rehab process does that require me to do what they feel is best or do I have input in the degree I want to do?

5) Will i get the GI bill while also having Voc rehab pay the tuition and books?

6) Would i lose my rating if I were to graduate and gain employment. Honestly I would not care to lose the rating as long as my job helped me mentally feel better about myself.

Any input would be nice and thanks agian for all the help!

It's never too late to get it fixed!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for all the input. I sent the form in today and hopefully I will know something by the end of next month. I am leaving my job in 6 weeks. I only stayed this long because it was this or the streets. I doubt that there is any way for this to go through before fall semester starts so I might as well just bank on what i have for now. I did not get a TDUI form with the rest of the info they sent. I am corting the idea of moving back to florida to be closer to some family but i dont know if i could handle that as of right now.

Thanks again!

It's never too late to get it fixed!