Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Form Need Help Badly.

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have the TDIU form and the last current Social Security Statement of Earnings 2006.

Questions what do I do? I have no ideal of what to put down.

LIST ALL OF YOUR EMPLOYMENT INCLUDING SELF- EMPLOYMENT FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS YOU WORKED.

Name of Employer- Type of work- Hours per wk-Dates of Employment - Time lost from illness - Highest Gross Earnings Per Month - Time lost from illness.

I know the last five employers and the type of work.

I have the yearly income, but have no clue as to the dates From Month to Month of each job.

How do I fill this thing out. Do I leave it blank or sit and guess?

1983 Gross 3,336.00

1982 Gross 1,619.00

1981 0

1980 Gross 2,507.00

1979 Gross 844.00

1978 Gross 0

1977 Gross 0

1976 Gross 8

I have a letter also from Social Security of no earnings since 1983.

Do I sit here all day trying to figure out what date I went to work and then what date I walked off the job.

I see in 1976, I must have survived about 4 hours.

How can the VA expect me to know all of this stuff.

The VA should have acquired my military treatment records in the first place and this wouldn't be so Greek to me now 25 and 32 years after the fact.

Any help appreciated.

Betty

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don,

That is what I was going to do and then my husband said it says, " the last 5 years you worked." I haven't worked since 1983.

When I typed up the Bold Statment, I forgot to type the last day you worked.

Thanks,

Betty

Edited by Josephine

I think they would have to give you some slack on some of the questions. They know it has been a long time. And you have chronic anxiety - which can affect your memory.

For TDUI NOW - the fact that you haven't worked in so long should be pretty sufficient - along with your 70% disability for anxiety. The rating scale alone - with what it takes to be 70% disabled - should indicate your anxiety is such that it would be hard for you to work.

For TDUI going BACK - they might want it to be pretty spelled out. Especially since the last year worked also had the highest earnings.

But this is just my own "reasoning" - as I know little about the forms or the decision process.

I would think you fill it out the best you can - and then add a narrative statement - maybe even for each job. Anything you remember that might help your claim. I wouldn't just make up figures. Put down what yo know and let them know - that was a LONG time ago.

But I think statements such as, I do not recall what the earnings in my higest quarter were - would be okay. I would also think a statement (under remarks or as an attachment "I do not recall specifically how much time I lost due to illness, but I do recall calling off frequently during --whenever it was you did--" or if you left early, got there late - or even cut back your hours, I would note that. (i.e. time lost due to illness - - APPROXIMATELY ___ because I had to cut back to less hours at work..

I think using approximately on ANY of the sections would be okay, due to the time lag.

Free

I have the TDIU form and the last current Social Security Statement of Earnings 2006.

Questions what do I do? I have no ideal of what to put down.

LIST ALL OF YOUR EMPLOYMENT INCLUDING SELF- EMPLOYMENT FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS YOU WORKED.

Name of Employer- Type of work- Hours per wk-Dates of Employment - Time lost from illness - Highest Gross Earnings Per Month - Time lost from illness.

I know the last five employers and the type of work.

I have the yearly income, but have no clue as to the dates From Month to Month of each job.

How do I fill this thing out. Do I leave it blank or sit and guess?

1983 Gross 3,336.00

1982 Gross 1,619.00

1981 0

1980 Gross 2,507.00

1979 Gross 844.00

1978 Gross 0

1977 Gross 0

1976 Gross 8

I have a letter also from Social Security of no earnings since 1983.

Do I sit here all day trying to figure out what date I went to work and then what date I walked off the job.

I see in 1976, I must have survived about 4 hours.

How can the VA expect me to know all of this stuff.

The VA should have acquired my military treatment records in the first place and this wouldn't be so Greek to me now 25 and 32 years after the fact.

Any help appreciated.

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

Free,

My actual highest earnings were in 1967, but I do see what you are saying. I guess trying to work too much did get the best of me in 1983.

I am not going to ask the VA to go back any further than the 2005, as when they gave me the 70%.

It is all becoming too complicated for me.

I am just going to turn in a letter by Dr. Payne and let it go.

He can answer to their comments about my working in the home and things like that.

I don't know what to expect of the headache claim.

I am going to try to tie them both together and write a small letter.

Thanks,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

Betty, you may be able to ask Social Security for a complete breakdown of your earnings record.

It should outline the months and years you worked. For example if you paid in Social security in January and paid less in February and none in MArch, Then you quit in Feburary.

If they can do this it would be nice. It is not compketely accurate but it willbe close.

John