Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting On My Claim For Increase

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I started a claim back in Aril 07 for and increase for my heart condition first off. When I sent in my supporting letter I also added PN getting worse and in hands and also asking to get my hypertension that is secondary to my diabetes rated. When I got the two page decision letter in Dec.07 they only addressd the heart condition! I waited until Feb.08 and got a meeting with a new VSO and we together filed a support statment asking why the other issues were not addreesed and also added my reopening of hearing loss and tinnititus and also sleep apena. I got a notice for a C&P for the DB2 and the hypertension but never recieved anything on the hearing loss or sleep apena.

I sent them an iris and they said they were working my claim for those two also and have given them a date of March 6,08. Anyhow it is now June and still no word on a C&P and of course no decision. They stated it could take up to a year. Will they rate everything together at one time?

Thanks for any insight you guys and dolls would like to share.

As always, Goodluck with your claims, Stillhere

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I looked at my claim this way. It was my job to jump when the VA said jump. It was my job to make decisions about my claim and strategy. It was my job to research the claim. It was my job to round up Independent Medical Opinions and facts that helped my case.

I made it a rule to respond within 5 business days for any request the VA made.

It could of been a lot quicker but it worked.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.