Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Va Has Made A Decision...

Rate this question

Cherie33

Question

Hi All,

I just got off of the phone with the VA Regional Office. The guy that I spoke with said that they had made a decision and that the letter will be released today and it will tell me what benefits that I am eligible for. So, I said oh, ok, well can you tell me what the decision was? (Of course I know he wouldn't, but I didn't think it hurt to ask.) Anyway, he said he wasn't allowed to tell me. He said, when you receive the letter if you agree with us, that's good, however if you don't agree with us, then you may file an appeal.

Before I spoke to the guy on the 800#, The system told me that my benefit amount information was unavailable at that time, and that If I wanted to speak with a service representative that I could press the #?. Not sure what that means. Could it mean they approved my TDIU and my benefit amount has changed and they are still updating the system?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cherie33

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

until you get the letter all we would be doing is guessing you won't know until you get the envelope good luck keeping my fingers crossed for you

until you get the letter all we would be doing is guessing you won't know until you get the envelope good luck keeping my fingers crossed for you

Thanks Testvet,

Wishful thinking....I guess...And you are absolutely right! I am keeping my fingers crossed too.

Thanks for your support.

Cherie33

• HadIt.com Elder

Cherie, I have heard advice about checking a decision by requesting what your current percentage is rated at. Simple enough. Of course, there is tdiu with 70% even. So an Iris may be a better avenue to use. Best to ya and stay neutral in expectations, less stress later.hugs.

cg (still digesting my new recent rating too!)

Hi All,

I just got off of the phone with the VA Regional Office. The guy that I spoke with said that they had made a decision and that the letter will be released today and it will tell me what benefits that I am eligible for. So, I said oh, ok, well can you tell me what the decision was? (Of course I know he wouldn't, but I didn't think it hurt to ask.) Anyway, he said he wasn't allowed to tell me. He said, when you receive the letter if you agree with us, that's good, however if you don't agree with us, then you may file an appeal.

Before I spoke to the guy on the 800#, The system told me that my benefit amount information was unavailable at that time, and that If I wanted to speak with a service representative that I could press the #?. Not sure what that means. Could it mean they approved my TDIU and my benefit amount has changed and they are still updating the system?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cherie33

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that the recording on your 800 # saying that thee system was not available meant that it was not available to anyone at that particular time.

As many have pointed out sometimes you get the money before you get the letter.

I think that the recording on your 800 # saying that thee system was not available meant that it was not available to anyone at that particular time.

As many have pointed out sometimes you get the money before you get the letter.

Cherie 33,

Are you represented by anyone? They should know about your decision!

Veteans Advocate

Cherie, I have heard advice about checking a decision by requesting what your current percentage is rated at. Simple enough. Of course, there is tdiu with 70% even. So an Iris may be a better avenue to use. Best to ya and stay neutral in expectations, less stress later.hugs.

cg (still digesting my new recent rating too!)

Cherrie

This has worked for me. I always ask what my current percentage is? Thats how I found out I won my last 2 claims before I got the letter.

good Luck

Jim