Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chemical Toxins/what Were You Exposed To During Your Enlistment?

Rate this question

allan

Question

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Agent Orange, Radioactive Materials, PCB's HEP B/C CS gas and others...that was just basic at Ft McClellen.

Then working with patients..HEP B/C, Malaria, Measles, Mumps, Chicken Pox,Radiation and every disease that came back from Vietnam, the Phillipines, Guam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and anyother place that troops and dependants came from or visited.

Then at the Log Center right at Madigan we had Agent Orange, PCB's, Tetriclorides and to numerous to name other chemicals that leeched into the ground water and were burned and the gases were breathed.

Did I mention that civilian outside Madigan actually got a settlement, but of course, the Army is still saying NO to the vets......... B)

Oh, and of course the most toxic of all......THE VETERAN's ADMINISTRATION

Allen, My daughters spina bifida was denide because I was not in Vietnam witch is presumed. After five years in the process of getting rated for various claims I can't remember if I did appeal this. I will look in the mountain of paper work to see if I did.

I was in Germany. I have heard of quite a few fellow cold war vets of USAEUR service having idiopathic health problems. Is there any linkage to that?

I have found some connection of asbestos in the old barracks, some, (like the ones I was in) dating to Wehrmacht construction.

One thing I wonder is about the tunnels. There were tunnels under the barracks crammed with uninventoried munitions and equipment. Rather than risk disarming booby trapped materiel, the occupation army just flooded the tunnels and sealed them. "Seal" just meaning concrete plugs in the access portals.

Who knows what may have been drifting up through the barracks?

my daughter born after my discharge,had many health issues.but it wasn't until her twins were born that reality struck. conjoined girls ,each with spinal bifida.they never had a fighting chance.va says no because it wasn't first generation....lucky us i guess.

<b>for sale.....1 used veteran.slightly broken.

understands very little when it comes to regulations.

please be gentle.housebroken</b> <b>,growls

but does not bite</b>

• HadIt.com Elder

Simple fly,

We had a veteran here several years ago who got reactive airway disease SC'd due to zinc chromate

les,

If you ever get something strange continue to seek medical opinions as to the link to the lead based paints.

There was a crew removing red paint that contained lead from the curbs in this city and they wore rebreathers and covering from head to toe. It is probably an OSHA requirement.

Edited by Hoppy

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.