VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just A Thought

Rate this question

carlie

Question

I feel sure that just about everyone has seen the Wilfred Bromley (sp) commercial on TV that says,

"Attention Diabetics, Did you know that Medicare could pay for All of Your Diabetic Supplies,

Well they might, just call Liberty and Liberty will take care of it all."

Well -------------- I'd like to hear a commercial say,

"Attention all Military Veterans, Did you know that you might be entitled to many, many veterans benefits, Disability, Health Care,

Eyeglasses and Hearing Aids, Nursing Home Care, Burial, etc..."

"Veterans, if you are facing Home Foreclosure and your current Mortgage

is not under a VA Loan, you more likely than not can re-finance with a VA Home Loan Guaranteed, etc..."

I sure would like to see one or two repetitive commercials like the above.

If the VA was more sincere in being there for Veteran's, I feel they would make some commercial's like this.

jmho,

carlie

Edited by carlie
sp

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

It's the same reason you here advertisements for free government programs or money that is free to the public, all you have to do is buy in to their speal.

Why doesn't the government have it's own commercial that tells you where to call or write for these programs. They would just as well you didn't know about them or make them easy to everyone in need to apply for them. The government doesn't really want you to have the money nor does the VA. In the governments place, the money not given out each year goes back into their general funds, since money in already ear marked and how much, for the coming year.

The VA uses it's extra money to pay bonuses and incentives to their work force, and helps to pay for those expensive conventions they have in Las Vegas that is now under investigation. What they don't spend on us, they spend on themselves and I'm not talking about the award money, I'm talking about the money that should go to Veteran programs, hospitals and such. More importantly, hiring more medical personel, to take care of the back log of patients and claims people to take care of the back log of claims.

Sorry Carlie, just couldn't help but say it.

RR :unsure:

If the VA was more sincere in being there for Veteran's, I feel they would make some commercial's like this.

jmho,

carlie

I'm split on this one, Carlie -- yes. it would get the word out to some deserving Veterans...but it would also get the word out to many more nonveteran "Have Nots" who might raise hell about the benefits we rightfully earned. Those "Have Nots" have votes too, and eventually some Congresscritter will listen to them instead of us.

People are already really ignorant about the military -- I remember bringing in stuff from the commissary once and a civilian said "must be nice to have free groceries." I don't know if we want to fuel the fire.

• HadIt.com Elder

Nice idea but then they might really have to work and unless Congress allocates special money and appoints an overseer to make the VA run the commercials it will never happen they have been told to reach out to certain groups of vets in the past and the VA just ignores it and doesn't do anything, the nuclear test vets from the 50s and 60s, the chemical test vets from the 50s, 60 and 70s, the biological weapons experiments from 1955 - 1972 etc the only outreach the VA has done since WW2 is the notification of the Iraq/Afganistan vets in the past 6 months.....

Edited by Testvet

What would commercials do for our wait-times??

Im already at 244 days and six months ago in a letter they told me they would be contacting me to set up a C&P exam for my claim. No appointment, no missed appointment, 800 number says file is pending (in the stack). I just submitted an IRIS on that one today, it will be interesting to see what they have to say. I imagine it will go something like this, "Due to high claim volumes there has been a delay in processing your claim. We will work your claim in the order that it was received".

I don't know how complicated a hypertension claim can be with an in-service diagnosis (already in c-file), and current treatment from the VA to include medication (i get to pay for...come on 50%SC). no smoking, alcoholism, horrible car or industrial accidents, worst non sc medical thing I got going is obesity but had that medical clasification in service (i know not a rateable condition) so I don't see where they think they are going to come up with a intercurrent cause. Furthermore since hypertension is on the chronic disease list I don't have to show continuity of treatment since I have an in-service diagnosis.

Oh well.......

If the VA was to do a commercial I think it would be more like the K-tel bedazaler.

Best regards,

Tyler