Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Who's Familiar With Form 646 Cert Of Appeal Bva ?

Rate this question

halos2

Question

Not familiar with Form 646 Certification of Appeals to BVA. Do VSO's complete these with all appeals, and do they advise vets of information or not? Will check to see if VSO submitted this with my VA 9 and if so, will get copies to see if all info has been stated. Any others familiar with the info to be sent/validated on this form please advise.

• Answers 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

halos2,

FYI - VSO's are real touchy about the claimant wanting to have some say so in their own claims.

Of course this is just my humble opinion.

Carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Called my friendly VARO again today to see if they knew anything regarding my file/case status...it was 3:35 p.m. and got someone who told me 3 different stories( of coarse) and then he said "well it says here on the screen temp. trans. to BVA july 18th, so I guess they sent a temporary file to DC!"

What do you make out of this? He did spell out the words (even though he said "it says here" as it didn't really speak----this is my humor)

I spoke to my VSO late friday and he never mentioned anything remotely about my file leaving yet.

Does this type of terminology/word usage sound like my file could have been sent to the BVA?

Don't they usually inform the vets SO when they do this?

I know if it is there, I have 60 or 90 days more to get any/other new evidence sent in. (I'll check it out as 60 or 90 days)

I called my VSO and told him VARO said they sent claim to BVA yesterday and he checked it out and said they did on 18th Jul last fri.

He is going to send me copy of 646 and said it was written April 2008 and has a couple of sentences on it.

Can I add anything to this form?

How do I get all the info established and on what form as they should have the complete file.

My VSO said sit tight you will be waiting a minimum of 2 years for this case to be looked at becaue BVA are just working on claims received from 2006.

Called my friendly VARO again today to see if they knew anything regarding my file/case status...it was 3:35 p.m. and got someone who told me 3 different stories( of coarse) and then he said "well it says here on the screen temp. trans. to BVA july 18th, so I guess they sent a temporary file to DC!"

What do you make out of this? He did spell out the words (even though he said "it says here" as it didn't really speak----this is my humor)

I spoke to my VSO late friday and he never mentioned anything remotely about my file leaving yet.

Does this type of terminology/word usage sound like my file could have been sent to the BVA?

Don't they usually inform the vets SO when they do this?

I know if it is there, I have 60 or 90 days more to get any/other new evidence sent in. (I'll check it out as 60 or 90 days)

When you said updated IMO-

I assume you mean this is the second IMO-

Did the VA ignore your initial IMO?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Yes they said my IMO's were not credible as they did not say they revieved my other medical records however the records they were referring to were sent to them by one of the IMO dr's. So that is how they got the information.

So the other one I will have him relate to all records not just SMR to up to date continuance of records.

The SOC ...dr x and dr y's statements are not credible as they were not based on a complete review of your medical records or medical history.There is no mention of normal clinical eval on separation exam, and no mention of intercurrent low back injuries in 1986 and 1999.

The reason they knew about 1986 and 1999 as dr y gave them copies of medical/treatment records from my visits to his clinic.

The dates on separation exam stating an injury are invalid it was 2 months later when I had the injury and 2 mths treatment. pt and all.

...Plus dr x said "one cannot place an exact date on the origin of the bulging lumbar discogenic problem" but opinioned back injury in service could be the culprit that started the discogenic problem evidenced on MRI's.An assessment of discogenis syndrome with lumbar radiculitis secondary to spinal disease of undetermined origin is given. H said the back injury in service is more likely then not related to the documented back injury during active military service...

Yes see my other reply addressing this below.

I have another question I had put in for other claims and they were denied and I want to file an NOD, and my file is in Washington D.C. will this hold up my claim at the BVA level or will they use the temp file at the VARO to proceed with this? Waiting for my copy of 646.

When you said updated IMO-

I assume you mean this is the second IMO-

Did the VA ignore your initial IMO?